Eighty Two

I'm lying on the ground, unable to move. I am still conscious, so that's a good sign isn't it? I have landed on my arm and it hurts. Not as bad as my head though. I just want to close my eyes, and go to sleep, that's when Jake and Sarah come up to me and lift me up, they sling one arm around each of their shoulders, and half carry me down into the rooms. The next thing I know is that I'm in the rooms, lying on a stretcher. I look around and see is Marcus. I sit up and he looks at me concerned.

"W-what happened?" I ask and Marcus looks at the docs. Sarah and Jake nod and walk out of the room.

"Em." He says slowly.

"Do you remember what you were doing?"

"Yeah, I was playing footy." I say and he nods.

"Okay." He says with a sigh of relief.

"How much do you remember?"

"I remember that the ball landed in my hands, and I was going to run, then Christina tackled me... And that's where I can't remember anything else that's happened." I say and Marcus nods. He pulls me into a hug and sighs.

"You're going to be okay." He says. Sarah and Jake come in to do a few tests on me, they keep asking me the same questions over and over again.

"We are not going to let you go back on. But we'll track how you go for the rest of the week." Jake says and I nod.

"Okay, but do we know how severe the concussion is?" I ask and Sarah nods.

"Yes, it's actually a grade 1 concussion. So it's mild." She says and I nod.

"Did I black out?"

"No, you were just out of it. It's normal for you not to remember certain parts." She says and I nod.

"Okay, so I should be fine for next weeks game?" I ask. Jake and Sarah look at each other and I get the hint that I probably won't be playing for a while.

"Look Emilia. Because it is a concussion, we don't want to risk you going out there next week and doing more damage." Sarah says and I nod.

"Okay." I say and Marcus looks at me sadly. Jake and Sarah leave the room and Marcus pulls me in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry Em." He says and I sigh.

"No, I should've listened to you." I say. "I thought that I'd be okay, but Christina just wanted to hurt me."

"She did. And don't worry, Soph spoke to the umpire and they reported her for dangerous conduct. Hopefully she'll get a few weeks off." Marcus says and I nod.

"I just feel like a failure." I say. "I couldn't even play a full game without me getting injured."

"It's okay babe. If it makes you feel better, you can come and stay with me for a few days and I promise, I will not let you out of my sight okay?"

"I'd like that." I say and he smiles.

"I knew you would." He says and I smile.

"My head hurts." I say and Marcus places a kiss on my forehead.

"Is that better?" He asks with a smirk and I nod.