Seventy Two

Emilia's POV

The next few weeks fly passed. I've been trying to keep myself busy with training and seeing my family. But no matter where I go, something always has to remind me of Marcus. 

This is literally the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I've gotten better though, I'm not crying as much, only when I look through my photos and see all the cute photos Marcus and I have taken over the last few months, but other than that, I try to distract myself.

Today, in order to distract myself, I am going over to Crippa's house. I know what happened last time I went over and wasn't with Marcus. But I'm not going to let that happen again. Pat and I are friends and nothing more than that. 

I decide to get out of bed and get ready. I told Crippa I'd be over at around 1pm. It's currently 12. I chuck on some clothes and head downstairs. I make myself something to eat and take a seat on the couch. I'm just eating some cornflakes this morning, as I'm not feeling like a coffee and a big breakfast/brunch. So cornflakes should be right. Keep me full for a few hours at least. I finish my bowl and put it in the dishwasher, then I run back upstairs to brush my teeth. Once I've done that, I walk to my car and get in. 

The drive to Patrick's house isn't that long. He promised me that it'll just be us two home, so I am praying that none of the boys are there. I just want to explain to Pat what's going on without the boys hanging around asking 50 million questions. Plus, I don't want too many people to know that we're on a break. 

I pull up to Patrick's house and look at the driveway to see that there is only one car parked there. I smile, he's the only one home. I pull up in the driveway and park behind his car. I then get out and lock the car. I walk up to the front door and ring the doorbell. He answers straight away and has a massive smile on his face. 

"Hey Em, come in." He says opening the door and I smile. 

"Hey Pat." I say as he pulls me into a hug. He closes the door behind me and we sit down on the couch. 

"So, how have you been?" He asks and I sigh. 

"Not great." I say and he frowns. 

"Has so much happened in a few weeks?" He asks and I nod. 

"So much." I say and he smiles. 

"Then you better fill me in." He says and I nod. I take a deep breath, and tell him everything that has happened, with Marcus that is. 

"Gosh Em, I had no idea." He says and I sigh. 

"I am so sorry." He says and I sigh again. 

"It's alright. I'll get through it." I say and he nods. 

"You will." He says and I sigh again. 

"I just love him so much, and I'm scared, like what if we're not meant to be and I'm left having to move on?" 

"I get you Em, it's a scary thing. But maybe now you can explore your options." He says and I nod. 

"But I don't want too." I say and he sighs. 

"Then, you won't know if you really love Marcus or not." He says. "Em, you've got to realise that maybe you guys keep breaking up for a reason. You know it's not healthy right?"