One Hundred and Forty Eight

Today is game day! And I'm excited cause it's Dunks' first game back from injury. We're all pretty pumped to finally see him back out there after so long.

I smile to myself as I roll over to face Marcus who is already awake, something that doesn't happen to often. I'm always the first one to wake up out of the two of us.

"Good morning." I say sitting up and leaning in and placing a kiss on his lips

"Morning Em." He says with a smile

"How'd you sleep?" I ask.

"Pretty good cause you were in the bed with me."

"Oh really now? So you're saying when you don't sleep with me you have a shit sleep?"

"Exactly what I'm saying." He says and I laugh. "Did you have a good sleep hun?"

"Yeah I did." I say and he smiles. 

"Well, it's a big day today." 

"It sure is. Are you excited?" 

"I am, every game I am able to play I get excited. Sometimes I still pinch myself because it feels to surreal to be an actual AFL player." 

"Aw, I love that." I say and he smiles. 

"Well it's true. I am very grateful to be able to live out my dream. And I can't wait to see where the rest of the season goes." 

"I agree, but let's just focus on today, then we can focus on the rest of the season, and what could potentially happen." 

"Emilia Martinelli telling me to take it week by week? That's something you don't see every week." He says and I laugh. 

"Well, I've learnt that anything can happen so I feel like the best option is to take it week by week cause that way, if you're not disappointed if you don't succeed." 

"Well I guess that's true." He says and I smile. 

"By the way, I'd much rather your first name with my last name." Marcus says and I smile. 

"Emilia Bontempelli, I mean it's not like it my name doesn't suit your last name." 

"I can agree with that." 

"Well then hurry up and propose." I say and he laughs. 

"Alright, wanna get married?" He says which makes me laugh. 

"Wow, you're so romantic." 

"Well you asked me to propose so I did."

"You're funny. But it's fine no rush babe, no rush." 

"Says the one who told me to hurry up and propose." He says which makes me laugh. 

"Anyways, enough marriage talk. What's the plan for today?" 

"Nothing much, I'll probably go for a walk around the resort, then just chill with the boys."