One Hundred and Sixty Nine

It's been 9 months since Marcus and I's honeymoon and Baby Bont is due any day now. 

The year has flown by so fast that it's already October and any day, Marcus and I will be welcoming our first child into the world. 

We decided to keep the gender of the baby a secret as we want to be surprised on the day it's born. But either way both Marcus and I are happy with a boy or a girl, as long as they're healthy.

The year has been amazing so far with Marcus and I getting married, having an awesome honeymoon in Hamilton Island, before joining the rest of the crew in Noosa before we all had to get back as the boys had to start their pre-season. 

It was a season of ups and downs, but the boys came through stronger than ever. 

We played Melbourne round one, and completely ran over them, showing them that we won't allow them to bully us ever again. Which washed away the PTSD for the grand final. 

The hunger and determination the boys showed this season was out of this world. They did not give up until that final siren rang. Although we did lose a few games, not many though, we finished 1st on the ladder, winning our first ever minor premiership. 

We had a home final at the MCG and the stands were packed with red, white and blue. Myself included. Not even being 8 months pregnant could stop me from going to see our boys completely tear Brisbane apart. 

We then had a home preliminary final, where we shook off Port Adelaide. It wasn't easy though, the Power boys came out full of fight, but we were just too strong for them in the end, making our 3rd grand final in 6 years, also making history with Bevo being the most successful Bulldogs coach. 

Marcus took out the Brownlow, by a comfortable 9 votes and his speech was phenomenal as we would all expect from him. 

Grand Final day was magical. We played Melbourne again, but this time, it was our turn to be the champions of the competition, beating them by a comfortable 22 points. 

Marcus also taking out the norm smith as he had 33 touches and 4 goals. Watching him and Bevo hold up that cup in front of thousands upon thousands bulldogs fans, was something I will remember for the rest of my life. 

The pure elation everyone felt was incredible. After such a heartbreaking end to last season, it made this victory ever so more sweeter as we had doubters as usual. 

One thing that was crucial for us winning the grand final was having Josh Bruce back, and having literally no injuries. Something that we really missed last year. 

And now, sitting here on the couch with Marcus, waiting patiently for our first child to come. 2022 has provided in a good way, and I am forever grateful that I got to experience those experiences. 

"How are you?" Marcus asks looking at me and I smile, then sigh. 

"I feel like I'm about to explode." I say and Marcus laughs. 

"Would be tough carrying this thing for 9 months." He says and I nod. 

"Yep, you will never know." 

"You're right, I won't. But it goes to show how strong you are." 

"Aw thanks." I say and he smiles.