Chapter 12

~Elle~

Four months. It's been four months since I've seen or heard from Noah. I suppose it's my own fault for telling him to leave when he was being so open, having everything on the line.

I've spent the last four months working on myself. I've been going to the gym every morning before work for twice the amount of time I usually would. I stopped going out with my friends and just focused on staying in the right headspace and getting myself at the highest point possible in my career. I was really making a name for myself with all the photo shoots and runway shows I was doing.. I was being stopped in supermarkets and in the middle of the street by  fans and paparazzi asking for photos and autographs. As much as I liked it, it could get annoying at times as well.

Noah was making quite a name for himself as well. He is being spoken about on sports talk shows and magazines. He was really getting famous from football.

I haven't talked to anyone from back home much since that night four months ago.. I talk to my dad once a week to check up on him and make sure he's getting Brad everything he needs for college. I would be lying if I didn't say I was avoiding Lee. I speak to him maybe once every two or three weeks when I get up the courage to actually answer his calls. I think he knows something's up but he hasn't said anything about it. Which is good. Kinda.

I had a photo shoot early tomorrow morning so I had to try and get all my groceries and chores done today.

I was in trader joes when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a young girl maybe about 10 or 11with her older sister I'm guessing.

"Hi sorry, I'm such a big fan can I get a picture." She was so cute it always warmed my heart when I saw young girls like this.

"Of course." I grinned at her. I stood next to her and put my arm around her while her sister took the photo.

"Can I ask you something?" She looked up at me.

"Of course."

"My class had a project where we had to do a biography on our favorite celebrity and u chose you. And I was looking through your Instagram from years ago and noticed you and the football player Flynn went to the same school and I was wondering if you two were friends since you're both famous?."

It always shook me a bit when people mentioned Noah. I don't even know what I'm going to do when I see him at Lee's wedding.

I gave the little girl a caring smile.
"What's your name sweetie?"

"Joni" she smiled up at me.
I felt a pang in my heart. Joni. Boy do I miss my mom. I managed to compose myself.

"Well Joni can I tell you a secret?" I bent down to her height when she nodded her head. "I grew up with Flynn. He lived just down the street from me and I was best friends with his little brother. I still am."

"He's really hot." The sister giggled blushing deep red.

I gave her a sheepish smile. "You should've seen him in high school."

The girl blushed an even darker shade of red.

I stood up and fixed my clothes. "It was really nice meeting you both." I gave the two girls a hug and waved goodbye as I walked down to the cashier.

Wow Noah and my Mom in one conversation. Why do I have a feeling I'm not going to sleep tonight?

————————————————————————

Oooooo both have a photo shoot I wonder what will happen!????

Thank you all for for all the votes and comments they mean so much. Please keep them coming they're really helpful.