Chapter 21

~Elle~

Do you ever feel so nervous that you can hardly breath, hardly move without wanting to pass out? Yeah well that's what I was feeling now except 10 times worse.

I took the at home test but when I went to check the result there wasn't a single line on it. So instead of taking another one I some how made my way to the clinic downtown to get a blood test.

I'm now sitting in the waiting room being stared at by two teenage girls who know exactly who I am. 

I practically jumped out of my seat when my watch started to vibrate. Noah. I took my phone out of my purse and answered it.

————————————————————————

"Hey"
Hey Shelly, how are you feeling babe?
"Much better. How's work?"
Okay thank god I was getting worried there for a while. Work is fine I have one more press conference and then I should be home. How about I take you out to dinner tonight?
"Sounds perfect."

Just then a nurse came out looking around the waiting room. "Rochelle Evans?"

What's that? Noah asked as I stood up.

"Oh I just came down to the clinic just to double check I was okay." I lied through my teeth. "Look I've to go I'll see you at home okay?"
Yeah sure okay. Let me know how it goes, I love you.
"I will. I love you too."
———————————————————————

I hung up the phone smiling and followed the nurse into the room.

Once I sat down on the bed my nerves started to kick in.

"Now Rochelle we're just going to do a small few tests and draw some blood so if you could roll up your sleeve for me that would be great." The nurse said getting the needle ready.

Oh great here comes the deja vu.

———————————————————————-
Flashback to five years ago.

"Dad!" I called from my bathroom floor, where I was keeled over in pain.

I was home for the summer and was looking forward to spending it with Noah here in LA, but considering I spent all of last night crying I really don't think that will be happening.

"Elle what's wrong." I heard my dad ask from outside the door.

"I- I think there's something wro-wrong," I sniffled. "We need to go to the hospital."

Dad walked in with a worried look on his face. Once he saw me on the floor he picked me up into his arms immediately and put me in his car. I was wearing practically a diaper my pad was so big but the bleeding would not stop.

Once we got to the hospital we were waiting for ages. I just sat there my head resting on dads shoulder tears still streaming down my face.

"Rochelle Evans?" One of the nurses finally called.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Dad asked as I stood up, my legs like jello.

I shook my head, wiping my eyes and following the nurse into the room.

"Now Rochelle what brings you in here this evening?" The nurse asked taking a seat across from me at her desk.

"I uh.... I got my period but it's much heavier than usual and the pain is worse than it's ever been, I just feel like something might be wrong."

"That's okay. I'm going to get you to sit up on the bed here and we're going to do a quick blood test and an ultrasound."

I silently nodded and did as she asked while she got the needles ready.