Chapter 16

~Noah~

I'm really not sure what's going on between Elle and I but whatever it is we need to figure it out soon.

I dropped her home around noon the next morning and when I get back home to my penthouse in Boston it's nearly time for dinner.

I check my phone for the first time that day and see two messages from Lee and one from Elle.  I ignore Lees and open Elles first.

Thanks for dinner I missed you :) xo

I swear I wouldn't have been happier even if I won the lotto. I text her back;

I missed you too Selly. Next time it's on you since you won the bet ;) xo

I wait a few seconds not to seem desperate but it's Elle and I'm me so obviously I couldn't wait that long before giving in.

I go to open Lee's next hoping it's just something to do with the wedding.

I know you were with her this morning, don't fuck it up bro.

We're going tux shopping in two weeks you better be there or you're no longer my best man.

I roll my eyes at his bluntness and decide to just call him instead.

———————————————————————-

Well well, look who it is. My dearest brother glad to see you're not dead.
"Ha ha. How've you been."
Nope. No. Not talking about me we're going to be talking about you and my bestie clearly grinding coochies again.

I snort at his reference.

"What makes you think that?"
Well for one Elle was definitely with a man this morning, she's back talking to me and you're literally never the phone with me for the first time in years and you're in a good mood.
"You have a point."
Yeah I know I do. But I swear to god man if you fuck it up this time I'll kill both of you.
"Wow thanks for the support bro. I don't even know what's happening we only started talking again yesterday."
So ye really did meet at the photo shoot?
"Yup. Went to dinner after and I had no plans on sleeping with her but it's Elle and well I'm me."
You are a massive simp for her, huh?

He was laughing into the phone.

"Ha ha hilarious Lee."
Okay okay I'm sorry. But seriously bro please figure your shit out I don't want your drama at my wedding.
"Trust me it's my number one priority."
Okay glad we got that over with. Now how have you been. No one knew you and Meredith ended things. What happened? Not that I'm not happy about it that girl was a train wreck and nothing compared to Shelly but I'm just curious.

How have I been? I take a second to think about it before answering.

"I've been going. Super busy with work and interviews it's all been a bit of a blur. I broke up with Mer nearly two months ago. I think she figured I'd gotten with someone else when I was in New York and then when I went all zombie she figured it was Elle-
Wait hold up! You slept with Elle four months ago!? Oh my god that makes so much more sense. The two of you were finally talking to us at home and then all of a sudden ye both go awol and famous.

Shit. I thought he knew.

"Yeah uh. We were both kinda drunk and it did not end very well."
Yeah I could've guessed. Anyway I've to go I'm at moms for dinner.

Isn't it a bit late there for dinner?

"Okay tell her I said hi. Same to Sarah."
Will do. Mom says she looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
"See ya."

———————————————————————

Well that was... interesting but I'm glad to get it out of the way.

I order myself a pizza and sit down on the couch all evening.

I find myself missing Elle and decide to call her before I go to sleep.

———————————————————————

Okay glad we got that over with! Can you guess where this is going?

Thank you for all the votes and comments they all mean so much!

Keep them coming.

-A.T.OD.F.