Chapter One: Normal for a Ninja?

~3rd Person POV~

The bright sun peers through Lloyd's blinds.

Lloyd's eyes open as he laid in his bed.
A yawn escaped his lips as he sat up.
Lloyd grabbed his phone from his desk.

The Green dragon on the phone case seemed to smile at him as he picked it up.

The time read  10:18 AM.

"Shit! I'm late! Why didn't anyone wake me!?"
The green ninja groaned as he sprung from his sheets to his closet.

He grabbed his Ninja uniform and quickly changed before bolting down the hallway.

Lloyd quickly made it to the stairs. He could hear giggles and shushing from downstairs but ignored them in the hurry. When he reached the first stair  his choice of not tying his shoe laces came back to haunt him as he tripped on the laces and came tumbling down the staircase.

"Supri-" Voices yelled before realizing Lloyd was falling down the stairs.
Lloyd made  it to the bottom and did a summer-salt onto the wooden floors as his feet slammed into the counter.
( why tf did I get dizzy writing that)

Lloyd's dizziness faded away to see  Kai and Cole going for his arms to help him off the cold ground.
" You ok dude?" Kai asked Lloyd . Lloyd put one of his hands on his own forehead.
"I think so, that wasn't the most pleasant fall." Lloyd sighed.

Jay put his arm around the green ninja's shoulder.
" Dude! What an epic fall!" Jay giggled.
Lloyd rolled his eyes before responding
I'm glad you had a great view then."  Lloyd huffed.

Nya quickly appeared in front of Lloyd.
" Happy Birthday Lloyd!"
Cole placed a birthday hat on Lloyd's head.
" Happy Birthday Greenie!"

Lloyd had forgotten today was his birthday. He had been so busy recently he forgot he was turning  16.

Zane and Misako emerged from the kitchen with a chocolate cake with dark green frosting and white frosting that spelt out
"Happy Birthday Lloyd!"

Kai walked over to the cake and lit the candles while Lloyd saw Wu dim the lights in the corner of the room. 

The group sang happy birthday to Lloyd.

Lloyd smiled but was bamboozled that he was already 16!?
He could finally drive by himself without having to put the car on autopilot every damn time !!

Lloyd realized the group had stopped singing and were waiting for him to blow out the candles.
"Make a wish Lloyd!" Misako told him.

Lloyd knew what to wish for. He wanted a new year full of adventure and not civil duty and small crimes that he had been having to deal with since his last birthday.
Lloyd whispered to himself

"I wish for an eventual year."

before blowing out the 16 candles.
The group cheered and clapped for the new 16 year old.

Next Lloyd had to open presents and it went by very fast.
Kai got Lloyd a sword
Jay got Lloyd a video game controller
Cole got Lloyd dumbbells
Zane got Lloyd a new watch
Nya got Lloyd a boxing set
Pixal got Lloyd a pair of AirPods
Misako got Lloyd a photograph of Garmadon, Baby Lloyd, and herself
And Wu got Lloyd some books that he said were " important for his training"

Suddenly it was night time, the crew was all hanging out in the living room when the grandfather clock chimed, signaling that it was 10:00pm.

" I think it is time we all head to sleep." Wu declared to his students.
" That seems smart, we should get a good night of sleep for tomorrow's training." Zane concluded as he helped Pixal off the couch.
" Goodnight everyone!" Pixal said as the robot besties headed to their rooms.
( yes their besties ☺️)

Wu waved and left the room to go to his.
" Goodnight Lloyd, don't stay up all night." Misako giggled as she ruffled her son's hair before leaving the room.

" We won't!" Lloyd yelled down the hall at his mother.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  12:30 Am -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

Lloyd, Kai, Jay, and Cole sit in the living room.

The four are playing Mario Cart 8.
Lloyd is currently in the lead followed by Kai then Cole then Jay.

" First place is mine!" Kai yelled at the Green ninja.

" Are you sure about that?" Lloyd asked as he got a mushroom and dashed over the red and white finish line.

Lloyd had won.
" Damn it! I want a rematch greenie!" Kai challenged.

Lloyd looked at the clock, it read 12:31 am.

" no can do Kai ,I'm tired." Lloyd said as he got up.

" Fine fine, but I'll beat you at this tomorrow!" Kai smirked.

" You can try hothead!" Lloyd yelled back before heading to his room.

Lloyd made it to his room and shut his door.
The green ninja changed from his Ninja uniform into a shirt and sweats.

He flopped into his bed , immediately falling into a deep sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  2:45 am - - - - - - - -

Lloyd woke up in a hot sweat. He had no idea why because Lloyd had slept peacefully with no bad dreams.

He got onto his feet. He wobbled dizzily to the bathroom.

Lloyd got to the bathroom and flipped on the lights. He splashed refreshing water onto his face and sighed, feeling a little better.

Lloyd looked at himself in the clear mirror
His hair was messy and all over the place and eye bags had found there way under his eyes.

" when did that happen?" Lloyd asked himself.

But after that, Lloyd realized the most weird and disturbing sight.

Two large black splotches were on his neck.
Lloyd didn't know what to do so he grabbed a rag and damped it to try and wash away the spots, but they didn't budge.

Lloyd tried the second thing that came to mind. Scratching it off. 

Lloyd scratched the spots and his neck erupted in pain. He knelt on the ground and squeezed the skin slightly.

The pain didn't stop but Lloyd got up and saw a horrific sight.

The splotch had just grew.