𝐎𝐡 𝐖𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Idols Kim taehyung and Jeon jungkook, also known as the rivals of the music industry collaborate for a single amidst rumors of taehyung's boyfriend being in the spotlight.

WARNINGS:-

Idol au

slight angst

mature content ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

_______________________________

I barely stifled a yawn as the door to my car opened. Despite my utter exhaustion, I managed a picture-perfect smile just like everyone expected me to. As soon as I was out, cameras were flashing on my face and the paparazzi were throwing questions at me.

"Taehyung-ssi, how do you feel about this collaboration?"

"Is this collaboration a message that the feud between the two of you had come to an end for good?"

Questions after questions were thrown at my face before I could take another breath. All the eyes and cameras were focused on me with so much attention that I was now used to but the tightness in my chest still felt the same.

"Is that true the conflict arose when your album crashed his career?"

The question had my smile fall for a second before I regained my posture with a picture-perfect smile.

"He's a well-respected famous person himself and I'm not sure if it can be said that I crushed his career just because one of my albums ranked higher than his album."

I guess the answer did its job.

"Taehyung-ssi, you defending your ex-boyfriend during your previous Music fame interview has become the talk of the town these days. Any comments about the matter?" I couldn't grab a hold of the one who asked the question because of the flashes of cameras that blinded my vision.

I hated this.

I hated when they invaded my personal life.

I hated it when the media acted like I was obliged to answer each and every question.

"Is it true that your ex-boyfriend cheated on you which lead to the breakup?" My hands curled up in fists upon hearing the question.

I never shared anything about him with the media before, even when they always invaded my personal life with thousands of questions. But that day, on the Music fame interview, the interviewer was going on another level with the questions, framing him as the villain of our story.

Every unsuccessful relationship faced the same reaction from everyone, people portray one of them as the villain so they can blame everything on that person without knowing them and their reason.

The interviewer was doing the same. To spice up the interview he asked a lot of questions about my relationship, portraying him as the villain. I still had no idea why the media was so interested in my relationship which broken into pieces five years ago, in my debut years.

The term privacy was a foreign thing to me the moment I walked into this path. I'm not even surprised anymore.

"Is that true your ex-boyfriend cheated on you which lead to the breakup?"

I don't want to answer any of their questions just like any other time but I couldn't move, my legs felt tired as I stood still, trying not to give up on my posture.

As an idol, it always came first, how you looked in front of the camera. Even after how much tired you were you needed to show your strong and tough self, you needed to smile because you were going to brighten up thousands of people's days.