𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝

Note: This takes place in my fic "Destined" but in the future. You can read it as a stand-alone too but keep in mind that jungkook wanted a contract marriage and taehyung wanted a baby thus, they are in this fake relationship, and they have not yet fully accepted their feelings about each other.

_________________________

"Please," Jungkook pouted looking at Taehyung whose whole attention was on the baby bump, ignoring the whiny Alpha. Jungkook had been persistent since the moment they came back from the medical checkup showing his utmost care which at certain times he found irritating and now on top of that his Alpha, well not his alpha but Jungkook wanted to name their babies something cute.

Taehyung doesn't understand the logic behind naming their unborn babies when they don't know their gender, and he wants it to be a surprise. Jungkook thinks it's something sweet and cute, apparently.

"We aren't naming our babies something ridiculous, Jungkook." Taehyung rolled his eyes, adjusting his hoodie. 

"Cupcake is a cute name," Jungkook protested. He had been browsing to find cute names for their babies the moment they found out they were having multiple pregnancies, triplets to be exact.

"Okay, suppose we call one of our baby cupcake, another one buttercup," Jungkook nodded along, proud of his findings, smiling widely. "Then what? What are we gonna call the 3rd one? Teacup or Teacake? It's ridiculous Jungkook." 

As soon as the words came out of Taehyung's mouth, the wide smile on Jungkook's lips disappeared into a thin line.

"Everyone calls their babies cute names Tae, it's not ridiculous." Jungkook had been reading many blogs and books about pregnancies and watching videos on YouTube, and the most attractive part of it was how they mentioned their little treasures with beautiful and sweet nicknames even before they were born.

Such an adorable and sweet gesture but not in Taehyung's eyes, apparently.

"Well, sorry to break it out to you, but we aren't everyone." He scoffed, turning his attention to the baby bump, caressing it through the clothing material. 

Taehyung couldn't even believe it when the doctor said they were having triplets. It had always been his dream to have a baby, and now his dream came true. He was carrying three beautiful lives. 

The cheeky and proud smile on Jungkook's face was a given as if he had conquered the whole world, in less than a second, turned to worry and panic when the doctor talked about the complications Taehyung might have to go through during the whole process of pregnancy.

Multiple pregnancies were the most complicated as carrying more than one baby meant more risk and it was their way of giving the couple a heads-up, so they would be careful all throughout the pregnancy, nothing more, nothing less. But Jungkook had a breakdown at that. Sometimes Jungkook had worse mood swings than Taehyung.

"Please, it will be adorable."

"What's adorable about calling our babies such names? They literally look like identical little beans--- oh my, no, we aren't calling them anything related to beans or peas." Taehyung shook his head furiously, not wanting to give Jungkook ideas. He already had a lot of ridiculous thoughts in his head, no boosting was needed. 

"But they are cute, think about calling our babies little beans, sweet cakes, or muffins?" 

"I hate cakes and muffins..." Taehyung made a gagging face.

"No, you love muffins and cakes."

"From now on, I hate muffins and cakes, and all the beans and peas," Taehyung yelled out and it came out harsher than he intended to. Jungkook flinched at the sudden rise of voice, the goofiness vanishing from his face. He climbed out of the bed, and walked towards the balcony, almost waddling like a toddler, and taehyung was the one pregnant.

Taehyung sighed, following the latter. 

"I didn't mean to be rude. But those names are totally ridiculous." He said poking the back of Alpha who stayed as a statue showing no signs of movement. "Jungkook-ah,"

"They are cute," Jungkook mumbled. 

"Okay fine, we can call them sweet names." Taehyung gave in after some thoughts, tired of the sulking Alpha. Once the words were out of Taehyung's mouth, Jungkook turned abruptly, throwing himself on Taehyung's arms, careful not to put pressure on the baby bump. 

"You are crushing me," Taehyung complained, wounding his arms around Jungkook, the happiness in Jungkook's action and his warm embrace mirroring on his face. "But I'll be the one naming them,"

_____________________________

The condo was decorated with pink and blue balloons and props. With all the party vibes, as always, Jungkook went over the top. It was supposed to be a simple gathering but now the condo looked like a balloon factory crashed down on it except that the balloons were inflated just like how taehyung felt at the moment. Taehyung didn't say anything, not wanting to ruin their supposedly party day.

As Taehyung wants the gender of the babies a surprise, the supposedly gender-revealing party turned into a cute name-reveal party by Jungkook's persistence. Taehyung's hyungs and Jimin, Jungkook's friends were all invited. 

A three-tier cake with purple frosting was placed on top of the over-decorated table along with small gifts their friends showed up with. Everyone was in a celebratory mood, talking, singing and enjoying the feast. 

When the time came, to serve the actual purpose of the party, everyone was curious as the genders of the babies are still a mystery, and everyone was just as eager to know the names. And knowing Jungkook, his friends already had a clue that it was going to be sugary sweet as his personality even if he saw himself as someone out of his own characteristics.

"Okay, no more suspense, we are all waiting," Jimin said, impatiently and everyone followed.

Jungkook stood behind Taehyung, hands wounding to caress the baby bump as he nudged Taehyung to reveal the name, he agreed upon, with an adorable bunny smile. 

"Baby 1, Baby 2, Baby 3." Taehyung revealed, shocking the audience.

________________________

Ducklings,
Share your thoughts.

Thank you for reading 💜💚

Love*
Dumb Duck 🐣

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐔𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲 || ᴛᴀᴇᴋᴏᴏᴋ 🎉