17

A/N: hey this might the most predictable chapter ever but whatever. i would've broken it down into 2 but then they'd have like no plot at all.

but fr, thank you all so much for reading. literally anytime i see that tiny orange dot on my profile, i get like 100x more happier. 

enjoy :)))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🌼 Isn't it delicate? 🌼

"This... is... complete... torture," Taylor breathes out.

"Stop being so dramatic. We're not even four miles in."

"This is supposed to be longer than four miles?"

"The trail's supposed to be around eight, I think," Karlie responds, laughing when Taylor gapes at her in absolute shock.

"Are you being serious? Eight miles? Eight? Miles?"

"Yes, and we're not even halfway, so hurry up."

Taylor throws her head back and groans, reluctantly walking faster to meet Karlie's speed. She knew the second the model had proposed to pull over and go on a hike that it'd be a painful idea, and she was exactly right. Who in their right minds would voluntarily walk eight goddamn miles?

In spite of her calves burning so hot they could singe themselves off and the infinite beads of sweat sliding through her turtleneck (a terrible choice of a shirt now that she mulls over it), at least the scenery made up for the exhaust squeezing her lungs. The colossal-sized trees shooting out of the soft dirt provided some sort of shade and lovely little flowers dotting the bushes poked out all over the place. If she wasn't on the verge of collapsing, she most definitely would stop every 10 seconds to snap a quick picture.

"Not only are you tormenting me, but you're also tormenting my poor security guards," Taylor breathlessly says. She flicks her head towards Greg and Mark who don't even look like they've broken a sweat, which isn't exactly helping her case too much. "What did they ever do to you?"

"Some people actually enjoy exercising, you know," Karlie smiles, her voice firm and steady like they hadn't been constantly hiking up and down numerous hills for the past hour and a half.

"I will never understand you and your healthy mindset."

"Wasn't your New Year's resolution to work out more?"

"Yes, but that was before I was being dragged up a hill."

"You're exaggerating, but okay," Karlie smirks.

"My legs hurt," the singer complains, almost tripping over a rock hidden in the dirt. "Like, a lot."

"How do you survive dancing around for two hours onstage but not an eight-mile hike?"

"Those are two very different things," she huffs. "Can we turn back now?"

"Tay, you're reminding me of a whiny little toddler right now."

"I'm going to take that as a compliment because usually whiny little toddlers get what they want, so can we head back?" she asks hopefully.

"You're no fun," the model pouts, and thank the lord that she finally turns on her heels with the dramatic roll of her eyes. Taylor lets out a huge breath of relief, following Karlie in the opposite direction.

"Not everyone is built like a bodybuilder if you haven't noticed," Taylor says dryly, pointing at Karlie's biceps. "I mean, come on, look at those things."