11

A/N: WOW. 1.9K READS!!!! thank you :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🌃One look, dark room 🌃

"Joan? Hi, yes, this is Karlie Kloss. Sorry to bother you... okay, yeah, I just wanted to talk to your boss for a second– alright, can you leave her a note then? Tell her that I won't be able to make it for the shoot on the eleventh. I was hoping to reschedule, if that's okay. Something really important came up that I have to do... yeah, okay. Thank you so much." She hangs up, letting out a long breath of relief. Now she can cross one thing off of her to-do list.

Next up, buy a plane ticket for Melbourne, Australia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 days.

It's been 10 days since Taylor's spoken to her.

10 long-lasting days.

Probably the dullest 10 days she's ever experienced in her life.

She hasn't picked up the phone, but neither has Karlie since that one night. No 'hello,' no 'goodnight.' She didn't even text to congratulate Taylor on her Grammy nominations.

Are they even friends anymore? Should she delete her contact? Or does that seem too petty? Ugh, so many unanswered questions. Usually whenever she'd get into an argument with her friends, they would be the first one to call back. (Taylor admits she can be stubborn.)

But Karlie seems to be even more stubborn.

At least the concerts distracted her from whatever was going on with the model. Oceania still proves to be an amazing place with people that are too nice for their own good.

Tree had informed her over the phone that her first public "date" with Harry is scheduled for the 18th of December somewhere in LA. She suggested that Taylor should call him and catch up before meeting in public, but in all honesty she'd much rather jump off a bridge than listen to Harry's strangely-slow talking.

For now, she's focused on finishing up her sandwich in between rehearsals. The Melbourne show on the 14th is going to be the biggest of the entire Oceania leg of the Red Tour, she has to make sure everything is perfect, especially the choreography she momentarily forgets in the second half.

Taylor gulps down the last bit of the sandwich when Andrea enters the dressing room with her typically-glowing smile.

"How are rehearsals going today?" she asks, sliding into the chair across from her daughter.

Taylor shrugs and dusts off her hands. "Good, I guess. There's this one part in 'Love Story' I keep messing up on. I was running to the left when I had to go right, then I tripped on the dress during the twirl... and yeah, actually not good," she chuckles, shaking her head.

"Yikes," her mom says, "but anyway, I just came in to ask what the plans are for your birthday tomorrow. I didn't know if you wanted reservations for a restaurant, or maybe we could rent out a theme park or something."