9

A/N: sorry, this is another filler chapter but i still hope you enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🎢I realize your laugh is the best sound I have ever heard🎢

"Text me, okay? And when you get back from tour we'll have to get together soon," Lily says with a glum smile. Taylor nods in confirmation and meets the model in a hug, whispering something into her ear that makes Lily stifle a giggle.

Karlie, curious about what Taylor had said but not wanting to pry, patiently waits for her to make her rounds hugging the models goodbye. She unlocks her garden gate for Lily who sends her a grateful look and wave.

"We should all definitely meet when you get back," Martha suggests, tightly squeezing Taylor with her arm.

"Oh, for sure. Everyone has my number, right?" Taylor clarifies. The girls nod, though Karlie bites back a smirk knowing she's the only one who has been texting the singer nonstop since the fashion show.

Finally, Taylor steadily makes her way to Karlie, sporting a seemingly nervous grin for unexplainable reasons– okay, maybe the reasons can be explained but Karlie has zero desire to delve into them. The more answers she finds, the more confused she becomes.

"I'm going to miss you a lot," Karlie says, and she couldn't be more honest. The past few days with Taylor have been one of the most fun weeks she's ever had in New York, and the thought of her friend on the other side of the planet for a long month doesn't sit right with her.

"I'm gonna miss you too," Taylor replies with a heavy voice. "When I get back, I'm coming straight back to New York to find an apartment, I promise."

Karlie can't cease the smile that lights up her face at her words. "Wait, you're moving to New York?"

"Yeah, and we'll get to see each other every day, won't that be cool?" she says, sounding just as excited.

"Totally!" Then Karlie's embracing her intimately, sighing at the contact, and for once she appreciates her gangly arms that can hold the smaller girl more firmly. Is it weird that all I want to do is hug her?

"I don't want to leave you," Taylor admits. Her breath near Karlie's ear sends a pleasant shiver down her spine, or maybe it's her tentative words that make her skin crawl– no, that's impossible, definitely not.

"Don't be a cheeseball," Karlie teases. She can feel the vibration of Taylor's laugh through her chest... but why does it feel so enjoyable? She pushes that thought out of her mind and adds, "You have thousands of fans waiting for you in Australia, Tay. I think it'll be worth leaving me for a month to make their day."

"Call me every day, promise?" Taylor sadly pulls away and waits for Karlie to answer, gazing straight into her eyes. The model almost lets another compliment about Taylor's eye color slip out.

"I promise I'll call," she says, but truthfully she would've called every day even without Taylor commanding her.

"Good. See you in a month, I guess." Taylor smiles again, her eyes somber but still glowing.

The Story of Us || Kaylorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें