5

A/N: WOW, THANK YOU FOR 500 READS! i feel amazingggg. anyway this chapter absolutely sucks and pretty much just here to add chemistry, but i promise the next one will be slightly better. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Squeeze my hand three times in the back of the taxi  

"You know, Tree, I could just send you back to LA if you want. I don't really think there's a reason for you to be staying here anyway," Taylor tells her, subtly hinting that her publicist should just leave her hotel room now– they've been playing Scrabble for more than an hour, and it turns out Tree is unfortunately amazing at it.

"Nonsense," Tree waves her off, analyzing her tiles. "I should be here. Just in case something bad happens."

"Yeah, something absolutely horrific is going to happen between now and tomorrow," Taylor scoffs dryly, impatiently waiting for Tree to lay down her letters. They're nearing the end of the round, and the singer is still baffled how Tree is 50 points ahead. Taylor's been told she's a god at Scrabble, but if she's a god then Tree must be some sort of divinity.

"Well, you have that lunch with Kurlie Kloose tomorrow, something could always hap–"

"Oh my god, Tree, it's Karlie Kloss. Honestly, her name isn't that hard," Taylor corrects with an eye roll.

Tree chuckles. "I'm just messing with you. How could I forget Karlie, the model you were completely gawking at?"

Taylor instantly feels her cheeks flare up. How come this happens every time someone brings up Karlie's name? She's just a friend– barely even a friend, in fact. They hung out once after the fashion show and texted about 4 other times after that, so calling her a friend is actually sort of pushing it.

"I– I wasn't gawking. That's an overstatement."

"You were clearly smitten," Tree laughs. "There's nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't give the media any idea about what's going on."

"There's nothing 'going on.' We're just friends." Taylor folds her arms against her chest defensively and stares straight at the Scrabble board, praying Tree would just drop the subject.

"Okay, okay, I believe you," she relents, putting her hands up in defeat, even though her knowing little smirk doesn't go anywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, what is so important on your phone that you have to drop everything and check it?" Jourdan complains with a groan.

Karlie freezes and swiftly stuffs her cell phone back into her jean pocket. Is it that obvious?

Apparently.

Well, what are you supposed to do when Taylor Swift has your number? Of course, she's only texted Karlie about 4 or 5 times the past few days, but there's always a chance a notification could pop up soon. Right?

"Nothing important," Karlie replies carefully, hoping to sound at least a little convincing.

"Lies," Jourdan persists with narrow eyes. She aims her pointer finger at Karlie accusingly, adding, "You're a liar."

"I'm not!" the model denies, letting out a laugh at her best friend's antics, searching for an excuse. "I'm... just waiting for a friend to confirm lunch plans for tomorrow."

"Right, because that's the reason you pull out your phone every ten seconds," Jourdan nods disbelievingly, sliding in next to Karlie on her soft sofa. "At least tell me who you're gonna have lunch with. Whoever he is, you clearly like him."