6

👭 Everything will be alright if you keep me next to you 👭

Taylor slumps back in her seat with a groan once she catches sight of about 4 photographers outside the front entrance of her hotel. How'd they even know I was staying here? she wonders in disgust. Some of them look like they've been camping out there for days. Gross.

"Are they waiting out there for you?" questions Karlie innocently. Taylor just nods mutely in response.

"Should I send out one of the guys to look for an easier entrance?" her driver offers helpfully.

Taylor waves him off. That would just be a waste of time and energy for her security, which already work harder than she'd prefer them to. "I'll just toughen up and ignore them. There's not that many out there anyway."

"Should I call a cab for Ms. Kloss or would you prefer having her stay with you for now?"

"Uh..." Taylor shifts her attention to Karlie. "Do you want to go to my hotel room or..." 

"Of course!" Karlie exclaims enthusiastically.

Taylor narrows her eyes, almost disbelievingly. "Really?"

"Don't you have ears? I said I–wanted–to–stay–with–you," Karlie teases, spacing out the last few words as if Taylor couldn't speak English. The singer giggles while Karlie turns the other way to unbuckle her seatbelt with her free hand.

And yeah, Karlie Kloss is still gripping Taylor's hand like her life depends on it, which totally isn't weird at all. Do friends usually hold hands like this? Probably not, but she isn't going to bring it up and risk Karlie pulling away.

Once she hears the click! of the car's doors being unlocked, Taylor knows that's her cue to exit the vehicle. The second she pushes open the door, cameras go wild. 4 photographers doesn't seem like much, but still slightly overwhelming with the bothersome flashes and loud yells pleading for a smile.

Karlie trails behind her as they trudge to the hotel door, keeping their eyes trained on the ground, blocking out questions being shouted at them– although Taylor can see out of the corner of her eye Karlie giving them a fast and sweet grin. Taylor used to smile at the cameras too, but once they bombard you for about 8 years you just stop caring.

"Taylor, why are you holding her hand? Are you two in a relationship?" demands one of them unexpectedly. She stops dead in her tracks, eyes widening in horror. That is exactly what Tree doesn't want.

"Just keep walking, ignore it," Karlie whispers in her ear, leaning slightly forward so Taylor is the only one able to hear.  Her minty breath tickles the singer's face, but she doesn't dare move away until Karlie pulls her along towards the entrance. She hopes none of the cameras can pick up her freakishly pink cheeks.

Security holds open the door for them, and she nods in thanks when they quickly pass them and reach the lobby. Luckily the room is nearly empty and the hotel staff seem to be the only ones on the first floor. Most of them find the group of photographers much more entertaining than Taylor herself (not that she cares), so they take advantage of it and slip into one of the elevators, leaving Taylor's security in the lobby.

"Shouldn't they come with us?" Karlie asks unsurely.

"They know which room I'm staying in," Taylor breezily responds, eyes scanning the elevator's glowing buttons for her floor number.