𝗜𝘁 𝗛𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘀

Trigger Warnings: Language, mention of abuse and violence

Ameria's POV:

"Arabella, wake up," I whispered in her ears.

"Noooo, give me five more minutes," she muffled in her sleep.

"Come on, Frank is coming back, and we need to clean up the place," I nudged her.

She was stirring in her sleep but then stopped when she heard me.

"Oh my god, let's go clean now before he comes back," she said as she ran straight into the living room.

Arabella and I are twins. We've been in a hell hole for almost our entire lives. We have no idea who our real family is but all we know is that Frank is not our biological father. We don't know what happened, but we were sure that they abandoned us.

Frank was never a father to us; when we don't finish chores, or don't cook for him, or don't clean for him, he would use violence on us. He would whip our backs, stab knives in our thighs, punch our stomachs, slap our faces, and other horrible things you can imagine. But one thing he never did to us, which I appreciate, was that he never touched us. He once tried to rape Arabella, but he was drunk, so before he could do anything, I kicked him in the stomach. Of course, we would get beaten, but we knew for a fact that when Frank is drunk, he would not remember a single thing.

"Shit. I see his car in the driveway. Sorella, are you done?" I asked as I looked through the window, panicking. (Sorella - Sister)

"Yes, yes, yes, I am done, sis," she yelled from the living room.

My heart started pounding as I heard the front door close.

"HEY SLUTS, COME HERE," he yelled in his grouchy voice.

Me and Arabella ran to him while limping because of his last beating session.

"I am not in a good mood right now. NOW DO WHAT I TOLD YOU TO DO WHEN IM NOT IN A GOOD MOOD," he screamed at us.

I peaked at Arabella, and she was shaking. My heart was broken as soon as I heard her screams. Frank was constantly beating us and using us like his punching bags when he is angry.

After the beating, I picked Arabella up and took her to our tiny little room.

"Sorella, are you okay?" I asked in a panicked and tired voice.

"I-I c-can't d-do this anymore, sis, I am so damn tired. It hurts. Why can't we just beat the shit out of him? We know karate and boxing," she said as she sobbed.

Of course, we could, but we couldn't do that. Even though it's just Frank in the house, we knew that he was a dangerous man and always guarded the house. Thanks to his beatings, we learned boxing and karate to protect ourselves.

"I know Ara, but where would we go if we do that? We would be living off the streets. I know it's hell here, but let's stay here for a few more days, and if we can't take it anymore, we will secretly leave, okay?" I asked.

"Okay Am, good night. I love you, big Sorella," she said as she cuddled with me and fell asleep.

"Good night, my other half," I smiled as I cuddled with her.