𝐆𝐮𝐭𝐬

~+~

~+~

i

Twelve years old and the world has ended, even if I am twelve, I volunteered myself to go to the city to help get resources with a few others for the group, the group was huge, there were a few kids there my age, one who I was drawn to was Carl Grimes, we were instant friends, maybe because we were both nerds, only I'm into wrestling a lot.

I was here on holiday with my family, visiting my grandmother mainly, only when we got there, she was a zombie, or as we call them, walkers. Me and my family are from Britain, so we were all homesick, my family were a family of five; me, Ma, Pops and my two older brothers.

My family were objective to me going to the city, but knew that I would be safe, even if Merle is here, so my brothers came along.

"Guys, c'mere!" a Korean guy known as Glenn beckons us to the edge of the roof. We lean over the edge and see a guy going into a tank. "Where's the radio?" he asks. I pull the radio out from my belt and hand it to him. "You really are mature for your age, Little Girl." Merle smirks in his Southern accent. I grimace at him and Zak the second eldest protects me from the creepy man.

"Hey, are you alive in there?" Glenn speaks into the radio. It takes a few seconds to hear a response. "Hello? Hello?" "There you are. You had me wondering." Glenn sighs in relief. "Where are you? Outside? Can you see me right now?" the anonymous man asks. "Yeah, I can see you. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news." Glenn says.

"There's good news?" he questions. "No." Glenn shakes his head. "Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you, I'm a little concerned in here." the guy breathes. "Oh man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out." Glenn gasps. Wow, he's really helping out. "Got any advice for me?" they ask.

I take the radio from Glenn's grasp and speak into it. "Run for it." I speak into the machine. "Who are-" "Doesn't matter, just make a run for it." I interrupt. "That's it? "Make a run for it"?" he scoffs. "Hey! At least we're helping! You've got eyes on the outside here. There's one freak still up on the tank, but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. With me so far?" I explain looking over the edge.

"So far." he says. "The street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you will stand a chance. Got enough ammo?" I question. "In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns. Can I get to it?" he asks. I spot the bag, I don't think he stands a chance. "No, that's gonna have to stay. What do you have right now?"