𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞

~+~

x

𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐬 the story of when Shane stole a teacher's car, I always had a feeling Shane was a rebel. "-So he pulls it into one of the big holding pens. Kingsley, he waxed that thing every month; had the auto shop vacuum it out every week. Shane, he parks it in this huge pen with a couple of hundred Rhode Island reds. 

He busts open bags of seed in the back seat,rolls down all the windows, and then starts sprinting back to school. It's three miles away easy. He's back in time to finish his sandwich before the bell. And then the bell rings." he illustrates. "Reminds me of you, Jadeyboo." Ma coos.

"Shut up." I grin, rubbing my arm where my mark was. "Shane gets up and when he runs into Kingsley in the hallway he looks out the window and says, "Principal Kingsley, your coupe's gone"." Rick continues. "Coupe, like chicken coop." "What a bastard." I laugh.

"I get it." Lori nods. "Of course you do. You've heard this story a thousand times." Ricks murmurs. "What you both said before, you're right." Rick looks between Lori and I. "Shane's gonna make it back with what the doctor needs. He'll make it back." "Hershel said you need to eat." Lori tries changing the subject.

I surprisingly felt fine after giving out some of my blood, probably I had already nearly finished my sandwich. "Carl's gonna be all right." Rick assures. "Please, for me. You've got to keep your strength up." Lori pleads. Rick picks up the plate with his sandwich on and begins eating it.

He didn't eat the entire thing, he probably felt sick to his stomach over Carl, I knew I was, Hershel was taking Carl's pressure yet again, I look at the doorway and see Glenn and T-Dog. "Glenn! T!" I beam running up to hug them. "How're you feeling?"

"Just getting by, Jay." T mumbles. "We're here, okay?" Glenn says. "Thank you." Lori nods. "Whatever you need." T agrees. "How's Zak and Pops?" I ask. "They're fine, worried about you and your Mum, but fine." Glenn assures. They both leave and Hershel pulls back the quilt and reveals Carl's infected belly.

"They don't get back soon, we're gonna have a decision to make." Hershel sighs. "And that is?" Rick questions. "Whether to operate on your boy without the respirator." Hershel informs. "You said that wouldn't work." Ma points out. "I know. It's extremely unlikely. But we can't wait much longer." Hershel says. Lori gets up and leaves, she just couldn't deal with it now, Rick gets up and follows her to comfort her.