𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞

~+~

xi

𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 sound of an approaching motorbike, that could mean only one thing. "That is a Harley Darling if I've ever heard one." I grin looking over and seeing Daryl riding in on his bike with the RV behind him. "I'm gonna go tell Rick they're here." T announces and leaves to tell him.

"And I'm going to go and say hi to my Pops and Brother." I smile. "Coming, Ma?" "Yeah, I need to tell Lori something when she gets out here, anyway." she says.  I nod and rush to the parked vehicles in front of the house.

"Pops, Zak!" I holler. They turn and see me and they light up like a Christmas Tree. "Jade!" Zak yells. He hugs me and picks me up to spin with me. He puts me down and I go to hug Pops. "How is he?" Dale asks as Rick and Lori walk out of the house. "He'll pull through, thanks to Hershel and his people." Lori smiles.

"And Shane." Rick adds. "We'd have lost Carl if not for him." We all turn to the newly shaved head, Shane never really gave a specific reason for his new cut, but it's his business after all, but in Otis's clothes, he looked hilarious, I just try and not laugh. Dale and Rick hug it out, as Lori and Carol do the same.

"We were so worried." Carol says. "How'd it happen?" Dale questions. "Hunting accident." Rick answers. "Lori, can I speak with you for a sec." Ma asks. Lori nods and they walk off together. "What's up with them?" Zak asks. "Dunno." I shrug.

***

"𝐁𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝, father of our lord Jesus Christ." Hershel speaks as we all put a single rock on a pile of other rocks. "Praise be to him for the gift of our brother Otis, for his span of years, for his abundance of character; Otis, who gave his life to save a child's, now more than ever, our most precious asset. We thank you, God, for the peace he enjoys in your embrace. He died as he lived, in grace."