🐺 Chapter 3. Cops

I had isolated myself from my fellow werewolves and James. I know he's worried about me, about what happened, especially now people are blaming me. I told Siku everything but for so far other humans didn't believe him for some reason.

James sat beside me without saying anything. "Come one, Skye. Please say something or do something..." he murmured and touched my head. "I am sorry Lecan is gone... I know how close you were to him..." he said. I sighed and closed my eyes while folding my ears in my neck.

"There's an investigation started. Director Galloway visited us this morning. I believe he hasn't left yet..." I perked my head up. Not Galloway, he's the most annoying guy I have ever met in my entire life. A growl escaped from me my throat. "Yeah, I know... he demands an decent explanation from Siku..."

I somehow hoped Siku could handle the situation. "James!" Galloway roared his name and it echoed off against the walls of the base. He quickly got back on his feet. Siku Who had shifted back in human form followed with a scowl across his face. He's pissed and tried to stay calm.

James got pushed and I jumped nearly hitting Galloway. He hit me with the case files he was holding. "Skye come here..." Siku ordered. Sometimes I get caught between serving James and obeying Siku. Two people I want to obey both.

"That dog of yours screwed it up!" Galloway spat out while pointing at me. "No she didn't! Didn't you read the reports?" James snapped back. Siku didn't look at me and had a blank expression on his face. It made me wonder what he was thinking. Right now he wasn't defending me, did that mean he blamed me too for Lecan's death?

"Skye did what she thought was the best and you heard Siku. You think he would lie after all those years of serving us?" James argued back. "I don't care if Skye is your partner or not! We need to look at the facts and the point is, Zane is dead! We needed him alive and what makes you believe that she didn't kill Zane in the first place? Who else could have done it?"

"That cop!" Siku hissed angrily. "I trust her! She wouldn't lie to me and—" Galloway cut him off. "Why would a cop possibly kill Zane and flee? Do we have evidence?" He snapped. I sighed and sat down, looking at my feet. "Until we know exactly what happened..." Galloway paused for a moment and looked briefly at me.

"She not allowed to go on a mission!"
"That's ridiculous!" Siku snapped angrily. "You want the same thing to happen to her as what happened to Benny last week?" Galloway snapped. Siku and I both growled angrily. "That's what I thought..."

The director turned towards James again. "You are just like your brother, James." With that being said, Galloway marched out of the hanger. Siku didn't ask and walked off. "I am sorry, Skye..." he crouched down and rubbed my head for a moment. "Let's go back to the farm..." he sighed.

I don't know where I wanted to be, here or at the farm. I actually wanted to be alone for a little while and let everything sink in, but last thing I wanted is to disappoint James. He's my best friend after all.

At the farm, I settled underneath the old oak tree on the hill. The sun was going down slowly and painted the sky orange, red and yellow. It was beautiful, and it gave me a peaceful feeling. I jolted as I felt a light touch on my back. Olivier. He sat beside me, hugging me. "Daddy said you are sad because you lost a friend... when I am sad mommy gives me hugs..."

I mentally smiled. He's always so sweet and looks like his dad. "Daddy also said that... your friend is now a star. So you will see him... at nights." He pointed up at the sky, some stars were already visible. "You still have me... we are friends too..." Olivier hugged me again and I gave a soft lick over his cheek.

We sat for a while and lil'Olivier had fallen asleep eventually. James walked up to us and picked him up in one single move. "He was upset because he noticed you were sad... He wanted to comfort you."

I perked my ears forward before James strode over to the house with little Oliver in his arms. He didn't came back and I presumed that he wanted to give me some space to grief and think. He told me it wasn't my fault and that he believed me, but still it hurt that people didn't believe me.

I got up, howling. It echoed all over the area and in the distance, a normal pack of wolves answered me.

The next morning, I was awoken by the sun that started to rise. "Skye!" Rose called me and walked over to me. She was all dressed up and had her blue backpack over her left shoulder. "I am going to school..." she pressed a kiss on my snout before turning around.

I normally walk them to school, and I have nothing better to do anyway. She halted and turned, "you're coming with me?" She sounded a bit surprised but smiled. "Rose! Your lunch!" Her mom called. She sprinted and grabbed her lunchbox,— kissing her mother's cheek in process.

Her eyes landed on me for a moment. I am not as cheerful as I am usually, but greeted her anyway by perked my ears forward as I looked at her. Arriving at school, I didn't enter the schoolyard. Kids would come to me if they see me, and some parents around here don't trust me. I have done it once when James came along too last year during a picknick.

James got some complaints, but nothing too serious. Just worried parents. I walked back home as Rose disappeared in the building, entering the woods. I then spotted a police car, and as I looked closer it was the same police car as last day. The person who killed Lecan!

My ears folded in my neck and my teeth bared. I grabbed the man as he hopped out, bitting through the flesh. The man screamed and I still didn't let go. I bit even harder and felt bone. I was in a bliss of pure anger... hate even.

"Skye!"

I was pulled away from the cop by James. I didn't know where he came from or why he was here but he was. His face was shocked, I had never attacked anyone before. "Are you insane!" He shouted angrily. I flinched and folded my ears in neck. Blood dripped from my mouth and I now saw this wasn't the same man as the other day. Guilt crept up in me.

The cop wasn't able to talk from the pain and I realized I could have killed him. I turned around and disappeared in the woods.