🐺 Chapter 11. Search

"Where could she possible be?"

I couldn't answer Lennox and gazed at Sunny. "I don't know. She could be anywhere," Sunstreaker growled. "It's important we find her... before bad things are going to happen..." he said. "Is there a place that she talked about or liked to go?" He pushed. "Well... your brothers farm maybe? That's the only place I can come up with..."

"That's miles away from here! Do you really think she would go there?" William asked. "Where else should she go?" I asked while crossing my arms. "I am sure she will find her way home..." I added. Sunstreaker quietly agreed. "Sides and I will go to the farm and have a look around."

Lennox quietly agreed and so Sunny and I left. "We better hurry... I have the strange feeling she won't stay for too long at the same spot."
"Where else should she go then, Sunstreaker?" I asked. "I don't know, perhaps she will disappear."
I couldn't disagree with Sunny and it worried me.

We reached James's old house at 12 PM in the afternoon and were greeted by a little boy and girl. "What are your names?" I asked as I crouched down. "Rose..." the 12 year old said. "Oliver..." the young boy said and guessed his age around 6 or what.

"I am Sideswipe and this is my twin brother, Sunstreaker. We are looking for your mommy... is she home?" Rose nodded immediately and scanned the area as if she was hoping to see someone, or expected someone.

"Something wrong?"
Rose shook her head. "No..." I know she's lying but didn't want to push her. Last thing I want is an upset child. Reaching the door, both kids ran inside to get their mother and Nicole appeared.

"Hello, Nicole..."
We have met het once briefly, but she still knew who we were. "What is it?" She asked while crossing her arms over her chest. She looked tired and sad. Just like Skye. "We are looking for a K-19... is she here?" I asked. Sunstreaker who still hadn't said a thing after our arrival looked pass Nichole. "Skye? No... why? Did she escape?"

"She killed someone..."!
"No... I don't believe that. Skye wouldn't do that... she's not aggressive!" She snapped. "She turned in a literal monster and she's on the lose so perhaps you can let us in?" Sunstreaker asked with a roll of his eyes.

"She wouldn't do that... that's not how I remember her..." Nicole was shocked, and also told me she wasn't lying to us about where she is. The femme had no clue, which was a bit disappointing to us. "She wasn't even in her wolf form when she killed the soldier. A well trained soldier, working at the base for more then 6 years... killed. Just like that because Skye wasn't able to control her emotions anymore..."

Nicole let us in and even gave us some tea. Rose was sitting on the stairs, looking at us while Oliver was playing with some toy cars. "She wouldn't just kill someone..."

Sunny and I both turned towards the 12 year old girl. "Skye just got a little bit off track. We only want to find her and bring her home..." I said gently. Rose huffed and got up, "her home is here!" She snapped before storming upstairs. "I am sorry for that... she's not herself lately," Nicole mumbled as she sat down.

"The death of her father... Skye isn't around anymore upsets them both, but especially Rose. She had been through some hard times and they don't know better but Skye is their pet. We never told them truth about K19, that she's a werewolf or about James's job. They think James was a cop... they're too young to know the truth and we can't have it that they spread Skye's true identity..."

"So, they think she's a dog or wolf?" Sunstreaker asked a bit mockingly. "Wolf..." she replied quietly. "Skye has always been gentle with them... always."
"Do you have a place in mind she could have gone?" I asked to distract her a little from the mental pain about her dead husband and shock of Skye's kill.

"She probably would come back here... she cares too much about Oliver and Rose..." she replied after a short silence. "Really? But she hasn't arrived yet... it's been four days or so..." I said, looking at my phone for the date, although I don't really need my phone to know the date and time.

"I don't know where else she could have gone... you know there aren't many places she really likes other then laying underneath the old oak tree on the small hill..."
"I am sure she'll come here and we need to take her back to base. Can you help us set a trap?" I asked. She sighed softly and bit her lip anxiously. "Okay, but I don't want the kids to be involved. If it's true about the killing than I can't trust her anymore. She's unpredictable..."

I nodded and gazed at Sunny to see his opinion. "Who else besides James has a good close bond with her?" He asked. "Besides James? Only Rose. She suffers from serious panic attacks and anxiety. Skye supported her and there was an instant clock when they met..."

"Then we need Rose..."
Nichole shook her head frantically. "It's really important for us to find her and she might come back downpour sparkling. She's blaming herself for everything that has happened. She's dangerous..." Sunstreaker snapped while raising his voice. "She wouldn't attack a child..." he added, much calmer this time.

Nichole sighed, "fine... fine, let me talk to Rose first." With that being said she got up and headed upstairs.

((Skye's P.O.V))
I needed to be very quiet. Every paw step I took made the wood crack below me. Once again, I had ripped my stitches as I had changed back into a wolf. Turned out be faster to get here and Rose is hiding me for a couple of days now.

She didn't even knew what I really am but it was kkke an instinct. The closet is a bit small for my size, but fine to hide in whenever someone was about to burst in like now. Rose shut the closet door as her mom strode in. "Mommy?"

"What are you doing, darling?" She asked. "Just playing..." she pointed at her Barbie's. "We are looking for Skye. The twins would like it if you help them..." she said. Rose hesitated. "Are they going to take her away?"

"Yes, temporarily..." she replied firmly while running her hands through her daughters hair. Rose shook her head and turned away from her. "No, I won't help you..." she growled. "I already lost dad and Skye is part of the family..." Rose added.

Nichole sighed as she got up and left without saying anything else.