🐺 Chapter 5. Shock

((Lennox P.O.V))
I tapped with fingers on the table. Just got back from a mission and called Sarah to tell her I am okay and unharmed. She's always so afraid whether I come back alive or not.

I noticed a voicemail, from James again. I grunted but listened to it anyway. "I know I have called you so many times but... I just want to talk. I know you don't feel it and I know you're angry but it's been years and you're my brother and I miss talking to you. My kids are always asking about you and so is Nicole. Besides, I'd like you to meet my partner...  anyway, just call me back when you et the change? Okay? I don't want to have this situation anymore..."

I sighed and got up,— ignoring my younger brother's phone call. Since Sideswipe was starting to interfere in my brother problem, it became even harder for myself to ignore my little brother. Perhaps our trouble maker is right but still I rather don't want him to annoy me with it.

Talking about the devil, I spotted Sideswipe annoying some soldiers but no one dared to open his mouth and tell him to piss off because Sunstreaker was watching his younger twin interact with them. I sighed softly, Sunstreaker has always been so protective of him. You don't want Sunstreaker to get mad. That's really bad for busyness.

However, he recently became very angry and it was an unmitigated disaster. He went completely insane with rage and ended in a massacre. I walked over to the meeting room, joining Optimus, Ironhide, Prowl, Ratchet, Jazz, Mearing Epps and some other people, including general Morshower in this meeting.

I was the last one to join, so I quickly sat down between Optimus and Ironhide. Halfway through our meeting a lady came in, my assistant. "I am sorry to interrupt but... I need to talk to Lennox..." she said. "It can wait..." I ordered and waved her off. "It can't..."

"What's so important?"
"You maybe want to come with me—"
"Just say it!" I snapped.

"Your brother... he died today in hospital after getting shot by Barricade last day... his partner is in a really bad shape after she got stabbed multiple times... I just spoke to Nicole..."

There fell a silence and I felt my world collapse. I got up and left the meeting room,— slamming the door closed behind me...

((Skye's P.O.V))
Siku hovered over me. I saw how worried he was and I couldn't move from all the wires and drains sticking out of my body. I uttered a low growl in pain and fear. "It's okay, Skye. You'll be okay..." Siku assured me.

James!

I scanned the room to see if James was there. I heard the gunshots before I passed out. "Skye, please..." he pushed my head back on the table knead laying on. I folded it ears against my head. "You need to rest, okay?" He asked.

I couldn't rest. I needed to know how James is doing! If he's okay or not. "Skye..." Siku's strikt voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at him, "I am sorry... James died an hour ago in the hospital..."

My world collapsed. I first lost my best friend Lecan during a mission and now I lost my partner. A doctor rushed in and injected me with something that put me back to sleep.

I hadn't realized how critical my condition had been the day I figured out James was dead. Seven days later and I was wrapped up in white bandages. I nearly died and I still felt weak. I have isolated myself from everyone, I don't want to talk to Nicole, Siku or even the kids. I failed James. He's dead because of me. If I only got there sooner or if I never left, James would still be alive.

I am just mad at myself, at the situation, at Galloway, at the guy who attacked James and who got away with it. I turned my head away from Siku. "Skye you need to eat..."

I got up and walked off, ears folded in my neck. I have pain, but just physically but also mentally. I never got injured before and the red eyes are still graved into my mind. The way he aimed his gun on James and after that he stabbed me in the guts.

I protected James for 10 long years and now I failed him. "Skye, there's someone here for you..." Siku had followed me but I answered with a snarl and at down, facing the wall.

"Skye...?"
It was Rose and she hugged me immediately. Apparently she was alone and I don't know how she got here. I saw the tears in her eyes as she moved away from me. "It's not your fault..."

I wish I could believe that, but I didn't.
"The funeral is in the big charge here in town. I want you to come..." she got up. "Come Skye...".
I turned my head away. "You should go, Skye. Support her... don't make stupid decisions you'll regret later..." Siku said.

I got up and followed slowly towards the entrance. Siku was right, I don't want to let James down. It's my last time to say goodbye. Reaching the charge, it already started to get busy.

People looked at me. I felt their eyes burn holes in my body. "Skye!" Oliver ran over to me, hugging me. I whimpered in pain and he quickly let go of me. I avoided Nichole's eyes and stared at the coffin. It was closed but on top of it, I saw James's photo in his uniform with me. A photo taken the day we first met. I decided to sit down next the coffin.

I was mad, really mad but at the same time I wanted to say goodbye to one of the best friends I have ever had. There's just one thing for sure. I will never have another friend again, I can't feel this pain anymore...