twenty eight : make me

-

"What made you invite me in? my good looks?" Calum says as she shoots me a teasing smile.

"Don't flatter yourself, Cal, it's just a friendly gesture," I say, rolling my eyes. Oh, you're such a bad liar, Les.

"Do you do this to your men too? I mean, with all the friendly gestures." Calum says, raising an eyebrow as he plops down on my sofa, watching me move across my apartment, since my ex, Calum Hood, is in my apartment, my comfort place, and he still makes me nervous.

"Nah, all men do is disappoint me, Cal, bold of you to assume I let men inside my apartment," I say, as Calum looks at me in amusement. He must have noticed how nervous I was considering he just chucked a throw pillow at me and told me to sit down.

"Awe, do I still make you nervous, boo?" Calum teases, now it was my turn to throw the same pillow back at him.'

"Why would I be nervous? I've been with your ass for a few months now." I say, sticking my tongue out at him. "After all these years, you are still a bad liar, Winters."

I decided to stop pacing around the room since it has already gotten tiring and I didn't wanna boost Calum's ego more so I walked towards the sofa he was sitting on and plopped down on it, reaching for the remote of the tv and turning it on.

"I see we're netflix and chilling." Calum says, nudging me with his elbow. This man has literally gotten on my nerves now.

"Calum shut the fuck up for once."

"Make me." And I was the one who closed her mouth and got quiet. The way Calum said this in a low voice was enough to shut me up, I could feel his eyes on me now, but I could literally see the little smirk from my peripheral view. I wasn't gonna play his stupid little game again.

"Maybe I will." I boldly said, turning to face him. Now Calum was the one with a surprised look, although he found this amusing. I decided to play mind games with him for a bit by looking down his lips and back into his eyes again, a small smirk was now planted on my face. "You will be the death of me, Winters."

"Doesn't mean I cant make you feel alive, Hood." I teased,  as I lifted my whole body onto the sofa, getting into all fours as I crawled my way towards him while I looked him in the eyes. This isn't me, what the hell am I doing!

Calum's body was now facing me, his legs spread open as the corners of his mouth tugged into a smirk, enjoying this little moment. The more I neared him the more I realised how attracted I was to this man up until now.

"Finally decided to give in, Les?" He says in a teasing tone as he watched my kneel in front of him. I stayed quiet, as I leaned closer to him, our faces were now inches away from each other as I watched Calum look down my lips as he bit his. I'd be lying if I said that didn't send me off the edge, I was so eager to kiss this man right now but I knew if I gave in, it would feed Calum's ego.

Then I pulled away, leaving Calum dumbstruck.

Moving to the other end of the sofa, I stared at him, looking for some sort of reaction and the reaction I received was him smirking but a little bit surprised at the move I just made. "You aint slick, Les."

"Aint tryna' be, Cal." I said, leaning back on the sofa, my attention now on Modern Family playing on the flatscreen tv.

Fifteen minutes of pure silence has passed, neither of us spoke after the little moment we had between the both of us, it was just me and Calum sitting on each ends of the sofa watching the show in silence but the tension between us was still clear in the air and it was kind of bothering me for a bit so to clear the air, I turned to him and asked him if he wanted something to eat in which Calum nodded in response.

"Let's go make tacos, come up and help me, loser." I said, tossing a pillow at him as I stood up and headed over to the kitchen as Calum followed behind me. It was weird having Calum around after such a long time and the fact that we had history made it a lot weirder, and having him in my kitchen just brought back so many memories of when we would mess around in the kitchen whenever we invited each other to each other's houses back then. It felt strange.

I set all the ingredients on the kitchen counter, looking back at Calum who was sitting at the other end of counter, elbows propped on it as he rested his chin on the palm of his hands, looking at me with a soft look on his face as I gave him a questioning look in response to the way he was looking at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. "I don't know, there's something about you I want to figure out but I somehow can't." He replied, I didn't know what that meant but I kind of just choose to disregard it cause it probably Calum and his little mind games again.

+

Hello loves, sorry for the suuper late update, been kinda busy lately and im currently having a writer's block :< this is kind of a short one but i hope yall liked this one.