ten : new york

+

The flashing lights of New York, this city was beyond beautiful.

When we arrived, our chauffeur was already waiting for us. His name was Sam and looked like he was in his thirties and had a thick Brooklyn accent. He started cracking jokes when we got stuck in traffic which had made Kate and I laugh. He kept us entertained the whole ride.

An hour has passed, we have now arrived at our hotel, people were already there, waiting for us as we pulled up into the driveway. Kate and I go out of the car, immediately being greeted by flashing cameras almost blinding us as we continued walking towards the entrance with a few bodyguards circling us while the ones in front of us guided us.

"I fucking love New York!" Kate yells, as soon as soon as we had fully entered the hotel, catching the attention of people who were in the lobby as they all stared at us, surprised by Kate's voice.

After receiving our key cards, we hurried inside the elevator, practically running towards our room before plopping down on the bed, calling dibs on the bed that sat by the large window that showed some parts of city.

"shoot, we have to be at the show in a few hours." Kate says, looking up from her phone.

I sighed, grabbing my beige trench coat that I had just taken off minutes ago cause I thought I was still gonna be able to get some sleep right now, but unfortunately I'm not getting some sleep until tonight.

I'm probably the sleepiest girl you'll ever meet.

Kate and I decided to freshen up for a bit. The least we could do was look decent since the look on our faces made it obvious that we were lacking sleep. When we were done changing into a few set of clothes, we hurried out of the hotel, the flashing of lights and the sound of shuttering cameras had greeted us once again as paparazzi's huddled in groups and threw questions at us which we ignored.

"Are you back together with Calum Hood?" A man says, holding up a camera in his hands. I guess it was my turn to answer this kind of question. I shot him a teasing smile as a response, hoping it would intrigue them.

"I'm still shocked at the fact that you're pretending to date your ex for publicity." Kate says, chuckling.

"I hate it." I grumbled, before looking out the window, taking in the beauty of the city.

Just then, I heard my phone ring from my purse as causing Kate to look at me as I took my phone out from my purse, answering it as I put it on loudspeaker.

"you're doing good at this job, Les. I'm proud." Olivia said

"I guess news spread fast." I say, remembering the little encounter with a paparazzi, damn. paparazzi's are quick.

"So the boys will be arriving in two days for their tour, you should show up at the airport like you're waiting for Calum." Liv instructs, I'm starting to regret this.

"do I have to?" I whined, hearing Liv sigh over the phone, "yes, Les. you have to."

Right when I was about to say another word, she ends the call. "Why does she sound like she's always on her period." I comment, making Kate laugh. "She's like in her fourty's, Les, give the woman a break. She's probably reaching the menopausal stage." it was my turn to laugh.

+

"Oh my god, so many celebrities." Kate says, walking in the dressing room.

"Who did you see?" I ask, looking at her from the mirror.

"I saw Selena Gomez, I'm not sure if it's her but I saw more celebrities though." Kate explains before walking to her chair where the make up artist sat, waiting for her.

"close your eyes, dear." Josie, my make up artist requests, following her, as she sprays my face with setting spray, and once she's done, I took this chance to look at myself in the mirror, admiring the look that she just gave me. Damn, I look hot.

"you can find your outfit in your dressing room." she informs before giving me a pat on the shoulder, smiling before walking away to get some biscuit.

"Aren't the clothes supposed to be outside my dressing room?" I asked, suddenly confused. In runway shows, the clothes are usually hanged in one room, a room where we prepare in so it'd be easy to know what we're gonna change into throughout the whole show.

"Yeah but we a dress chosen out specifically for you." Josie says, a grin plastered on her face as she shoots me a wink. What was that for? I wasn't informed that a dress was picked out for me. Probably another last minute call.

I smiled at her and stood up, walking towards my dressing room as I stepped in, closing the door behind me. As I looked around the room, I spotted the dress they said they had chosen out for me, it was a black dress that had class all over it and it was just beautiful. This one is probably for the after party.

I walked towards the mirror, holding the dress up over my body. I just know this would look good on me. While I was checking myself out in the mirror, I noticed something colored with shades of bright pink behind me. Curious, I quickly turned around, my jaw immediately dropping.

it was a bouquet of echinacea flowers, my heart warmed up at the sight of them knowing they have always been my favorite flowers. I held it up, turning it around as I noticed a small card sticking out between the flowers, taking it out, it read,

I knew how much you loved these flowers so I went out of the way to find you echinacea flowers and make it a lil special.

Good luck! I'll see you soon.
Calum x

Just when I was about to melt at the sight of it, I caught something on the corner of the card, as I furrowed my eyebrows in curiousity, bringing it closer so I could read clearly.

I gave this to you cause Matt told me to do it. Btw, he said to take a picture and post it saying how much u love me lol.

The smile on my face has never dropped so fast. This man was starting to get on my nerves. Although he was kind enough to get me my favorite flowers but he was still an asshole.

my thoughts were interrupted by the voice of a woman saying that we start in a few minutes. I took one last look at the flowers before setting them on my dresser. I'll take a picture of it later.

Then I left my dressing room.