twelve : the password

+

"What happened to your face?" he asks.

"what?"

"there's a bruise on your face, Les." he says, as I grabbed my phone to take a look at it.

damn, did I really land that hard?

"I fell off the bed." I shamefully admit, as I looked out the window, looking up the tall buildings in awe. New York is really the city of dreams.

"do I need to ask you or are you gonna tell me why you arrived like thirty minutes late?" Calum questions, now turning to look at me, looking  like he's about to give me thirty minute lecture.

"I overslept, okay? jeez."

"that's so typical of you." he says, rolling his eyes before leaning back on his seat.

We were both seperated from the boys, and of course, we didn't clearly like the idea but it was better than being cramped up in the car again and giving Calum a boner. My gosh.

The ride back the hotel was quiet, I mean I didn't expect us to talk to each other but the tension in the air was definitely evident, even Sam could could sense it, looking at us through the rear view mirror as I'd give him a playful frown.

When we arrived, Calum got out first, as he holds the car door open while his other hand guided me down the car to make it look like he's a fucking gentleman. At least he still had courtesy.

when I fully got out, he closed the door behind me before locking our hands together, walking towards the hotel entrance as his bodyguards guided us, of course, it was no surprise that the paparazzi's were still here and it seemed like more paparazzis arrived, pushing each other and throwing us ridiculous questions that we chose to ignore.

"I bet they were arguing through the whole car ride." I heard Michael say, as they all turned around to face us, quickly dropping Calum's hand as shot him a face of distate but he didn't seem to notice cause Luke suddenly pulled him into a hug

"How's the ride?" Luke questions with a grin on his face as he looked at us both.

"unbearable."

"horribe." we both said at the same time causing us to look at each other before rolling our eyes.

"ask them if they were arguing." Michael loudly whispered to Luke, causing all of us to look at him.

"You heard the guy."

"A little bit I guess." Calum simply said, not even looking at me.

"you owe me twenty bucks." Michael says to Ashton who had his arms crosses over his chest.

"I didn't even agree to the bet!" Ashton argued, as Michael urged him.

"just twenty bucks, mate." a cheeky grin on his face.

"I'll give you once we find our room." Ashton says, shooting us a wink when Michael looked away. poor guy.

"by the way, what happened to your face." Luke asked, I could tell he's been wanting to ask about the bruise on my face by the way he kept glancing at me.

"I fell off the bed." this caused Michael to laugh, as we all turned to look at him. "Not funny, Michael." I frowned. Okay, I'll admit it is a bit funny because who is clumsy enough to get a bruise from falling off their beds face first.

Hopefully, I can cover this fucking bruise with make up. Thank God my make up skills has progressed overtime especially the times where I would try and cover up love bites marked by none other than Calum Hood himself and he'd do them just for fun to mess with me. He loved the thrill of getting caught which was also one of the reasons why I had taken a liking to him. He was a thrill seeker and I was an adventurer myself.

oh god, why am I thinking about him. Why shouldn't you not think about him though? The guy's looking like a four course meal right now. I thought, sneaking a glance at Calum who was getting their key cards at the receptionist, watching him lean against the counter as he tilts his head at her while she looks up at him, obviously mesmerized by the Maori boy in front of her.

And I don't blame her.

"Hellooo, earth to Celestia?" I heard Luke say, interrupting my thoughts, a "huh" leaving my mouth. "Come on, we're heading upstairs." I nod at him, following them towards the elevator.

"I call dibs on the room that has a window!" Ashton says, as they all got into an argument on whoever gets which room.

I stepped out of the elevator, watching the three idiots run down the hallway, yelling out odd unintelligible sounds. Luke stays behind, shaking his head.

"I hate this band." Luke mumbles under his breath, running a hand down his face as he watched his best friends race down the hall, stopping in front of their assigned rooms.

"Oh great, your rooms are a few doors away from us." I said, as Luke and I both watched them start to huddle, whispering to each other before looking back at Luke. Bursting into a fit of giggles, they quickly ran inside one of the rooms, hearing the lock click. "Not again." Luke groans, running towards the door.

"Guys, open up!" Luke whines, a frown on his face. I must admit, I did find this amusing. I guess this is what Matt has to deal with everyday.

"What's the password?" I heard Michael say from behind the door, causing me to laugh. There is no fucking way they still play this game as adults. This was way too funny.

"Michael sucks balls." Luke says, hearing two laughters from behind the door, "Shut up, Luke."

"nope."

"Calum you're a fake bitch, I thought we were friends!" Luke whines, only getting laughter in response. poor guy.

"Come on guys, at least give me a hint?"

"Okay, a hint... Ashton."

Luke looks up as he brings a hand to his chin, as if he was thinking before widening his eyes, scrunching up his nose, a frown on his face. I'm guessing that he had an idea of what the so called 'password' was.

"Ashton is daddy?" Luke mumbles, pressing his forehead to the door before hearing the door unlock and open to reveal a giggling Ashton, Michael laughing hysterically, Calum with the most adorable smile plastered on his face.

As I watched them laugh and play around, I came to a realization that I missed hanging out with them. I missed this. I remember just watching them write songs for the first time, Calum and I were already seeing each other that time.

Around 2011, when we were walking home from school Caum suddenly stopped the both of us and out of nowhere he said, "I want you to come with me."

I looked at him, confusion written all over my face. "Where?"

"I want you to come with me right now. Listen to us play, let us know what you think." He said, and I got nervous for a bit because it was gonna be the first time I get to hear them play the songs they wrote. I was hesitant, although I really did want to hear them play so I set aside all the nervousness and agreed to watch them.

I spent an hour or two watching them and I loved every bits of it. When they decided to take a break Calum pulled me aside and asked me what I thought of their songs. "They're amazing! what the fuck! you're gonna become stars, Cal, I'm so proud of you."  I said, pulling him into a tight hug.

"You're gonna be a huge part of the life I'm creating right now, Les, in a few years from now, whatever happens, you're always gonna be my girl." Calum said, and the best part was I knew Calum meant it.

But fate decided to bite us in the ass.