five : comebacks

+

The ride to our destination was longer than I expected, Michael said it was only a ten minute drive but it turned out it was a twenty minute one.

But the twenty minute drive consisted of Calum moving underneath me trying to desperately get rid of his 'friend' while I also try to find a comfortable position, accidentally brushing my bum against his crotch a few times, getting a reaction from him each time.

As the driver pulls up into the driveway, I heard Calum let out a sigh of relief, I turned to look at him just to see him throw his head back. He is such a drama queen. He's probably relieved that he finally does not get to spend another minute trying to get rid of his friend.

As we all got out of the car, we are met by the flashing lights of cameras, and let's just say that everybody was surprised as fuck to see that Calum was not alone this time and was in fact with a girl, and the girl turning out to be his ex. I could see paparazzis pushing each other to capture the moment that would be the talk of the world. I felt his hand connect with mine but I immediately pushed it away, still not used to the contact but I was suddenly faced with a pissed off Calum. "If you want this to work you put your hand in mine and walk with me, Les." he says.

And so we did it, as we both intertwined our hands together, we both tried our best to look happy even though we were both miserable and just wanted to stay away from each other.

The paparazzi's were suddenly asking Calum and I but questions we didn't have time to answer because we were pushed by our bodyguards and the moment we entered the building, we both slowly dropped our hands since there were other people around and being obvious that this was all a stunt was gonna rise suspicion

"I should've pretended to date your friend Kate." he suddenly blurts out but in a whisper making me scoff at his sudden comment. That took me aback for a second.

"that would've been great." I sarcastically say, rolling my eyes at him but that wasn't the end of it.

"I would've been in some other place right now probably drunk off my tits but I'm stuck here with you." I fight back, as he looks at be in disbelief ready to say his comeback before Ashton interrupts up with a loud voice.

"can you two stop arguing for at least one hour? you both have been fighting ever since we left the hotel, it's getting quite tiring." Ashton says, rolling his eyes as he lets out a sigh, shaking his head at how childish we acted.

He then walks away, along with the other boys as me and Calum both stayed quiet, not saying another word as we both walked behind them.

"I don't fucking like you." I spit.

"The feeling's mutual." he shot back, I rolled my eyes before I started walking ahead of him.

it's only been a day and we already hate this whole thing

"This is where you guys look like you're both in love." Luke informs, as we reached another set of doors, entering the room as I looked over Luke's shoulder since I was now walking behind him and I was a few inches shorter than him. We walked into a room illuminated by flashing disco lights and was filled with people, most of them were celebrities. They were chatting with each other as they clinked their glasses together like they were doing some kind of toast or whatever. Some were just eating their meals, half of them were already drunk and dancing around and some were snorting up lines. Not a scenery we're not used to now.

I turned to look at Calum who was already greeting people as he walked into the room, pulling them in hugs and shaking their hands. As much as I wanted to leave him there and go off on my own I still remembered that I still had a job to do and act as his girlfriend so I stayed behind while the guys went to find the VIP room reserved for us.

While I stood close to him, I took in my surroundings. In places like this I usually just drink and mingle with people and end up drunk in Kate's or a close friend's passenger seat.

Now I didn't know what to do especially when I had to introduce Calum as the ex-boyfriend I got back with.

Calum must have noticed someone standing close to him since I felt his hand rest on the small of my back, turning to look at him he gives me a reassuring nod and starts to introduce me to a few people, a smile plastered on his face while he does this.

"I want you guys to meet Celestia." he says, as we stopped in front of two persons, a couple ai assume, as I reached my hand out to shake theirs and shot them a warm smile. "I know you! I saw you walk down the runway at a show in Paris. You were amazing" One of them speaks, she was wearing a blazing red dress covered with sparkling details, her hair was pulled into a neat slicked back ponytail, and she was wearing this red lipstick that suited her  olive skin so well. She was gorgeous.

"Really? thank you so much! and you guys are?" I said, suddenly interested in our conversation. "Oh, I'm Ysa, this one's Riley." She said, wrapping her arm around her partner who was also giving me a warm smile. "Loves fashion shows, this one." Riley says, giving Ysa a peck on the check. "You got a good one, Cal. Take care of her." Ysa says.

In response, Calum wraps his arm around me and looks at me with a grin on his face, I returned one with a soft smile and held his hand that was hanging over my shoulder and gave it a squeeze. I just had to remind myself to act in love in front of these people every time I was with Calum. "I definitely will, Ys..Anyways we need to be with my boys, I'll see you guys around."  Calum says, dismissing us as they both returned one.

As  we were walking away, Calum suddenly came to a halt, stopping the both of us before leaning in to whisper into my ear, "Let's act in love, yeah?" He whispered, "They might think we aren't in love. " he added.

"Well, we aren't in love anyways." I blurted out,  a blank expression on my face as I said this.

"Well, we used to be in love, babe." He says, a smile now taking over his face. I couldn't tell if it was fake or genuine. He then wraps his arm around my shoulder bringing me closer and started walking towards our booth again, being careful and avoiding drunken bodies from bumping into us as he guides the both of us through the crowd. Not gonna lie, I forgot how good it felt to feel safe in someone's arms especially in places like this.

We arrived at our booth, the boys were already there taking shots of tequila and probably drunk off their asses right now.

This was gonna be a long ass night.