twenty four : the kind of love

omg i havent updated in forever. anyways, heres an update. happy new year, babes!
-

"This dress is cute." Kate says, as she pranced around the changing room in a red dress.

And while she examined herself in it, here I am, sitting down in the corner of the room, picking on my nails, the thought of Calum still stuck in my head as if he had just perfomed some witchcraft on me.

I still find it hard to believe that something had just happened between Calum and I and he's been stuck on my mind since. It's been a few years since my break up with Calum and of course, I managed to forget what his touch felt like. Now, ever since he touched me in a way I never imagined as a broken up couple,  I already felt like I wanted more.

There is no fucking way I'm letting that shit happen again.

Calum, get the fuck out of my head.

"What's up with you lately? you seem quiet." Kate states, breaking me out of my thoughts as she stares at me in a questioning way.

"Nothing." I mumbled, shooting a smile at her, hoping she would just drop it because there was is way I'm talking about Calum right now.

"I know when you have alot on your mind, Les, shoot." Okay, maybe I should talk about Calum.

"Do you like, I don't know... think that there might be possibility that Calum and I might get back together." I ask, as I start to fidget with my fingers. I don't even like Calum, why did I ask Kate that. Such a weirdo.

"Oh my god," Kate says in an exaggerating tone. "You still like him do you?" She adds, as she shoots me a teasing smile. Nope, nope, nope, fuck no.

"Hey, ew, no. Kate, come on, I'm not that dumb enough to get back with an ex." I say in a defensive manner. Or maybe I am...

"Yeah, okay, sure you're not." Okay, now I'm starting to get a little offended, Kate.

"Anyways, to answer your question, Les, I really don't know what happened between the two of you in the past but if you feel like you're doing the right thing for yourself by getting back with him then go ahead. As long as you're happy." Am I actually doing the right thing?

"And to be honest, I can see that Calum still loves you, besides all the fighting and all that, but I can see he still loves you by the way he looks at you. You may not know it, Les, but the man looks at you as if you're his entire universe and I'm sure he views you in that way too. It's hard to find a man who still looks at you the same way he used to look at you before, with love and pure bliss, especially after all those years broken up." And it hit me, maybe I still do love Calum, but it wasn't the kind of love I had for him when we were still together. It was the kind of love that made me want to keep this man in my life, maybe the kind of love I'd be telling my kids about someday. The kind of love that I'd allow in me everyday knowing that love brought me comfort.

"Anyways, put all the drama aside, let's go get coffee." Kate says, before dragging me out of the changing room and out of the store outlet, adjusting our shades and disguise to avoid the paparazzis from swarming around us.

"Oh, hold on, let's go to this store first." Kate was practically dragging me, wherever she goes, she grabs my hand and brings me with her and to be honest, it was completely adorable.

A few minutes passed of following Kate around, I decided to walk around the store myself, maybe I could gonna find something cute around here.

As another few minutes passed, I stopped infront of a clothing rack, shuffling with the displayed clothes as I stopped and to take a look at a black bodycon dress.

"Luke, hurry up, I'm hungry." Hold the fuck up.

I could've sworn that was Calum's voice. That deep and familiar Australian accent. There was no way I'm in the same room as him now.

I slowly turned around to take a look at the person the voice belonged to, to see that his eyes were scanning the room until they laid on me. The moment they laid on me, the quicker I fell to the ground in attempt to hide from him. Such a dumb move.

Now I'm hiding behind a clothing rack, watching his feet move from the space underneath. The more he walked, the more I moved to avoid him.

Until I wached his feet walk away from the rack, as I sighed in relief and stood up. He probably left already.

"Are you avoiding me?" I let out a shriek, catching the attention of the people inside. Turning around to see Calum with furrowed eyebrows and crossed arms.

"What? of course not! I didn't even notice you." I was such a terrible liar, even Caum could tell I was lying.

"You haven't responsed to my texts." He mutters.

"I was busy."

"Okay, baby. I just wanted your attention" NO. NO. NO. LES, YOU ARE NOT FALLING FOR THIS.

"Your attempt to hide from me was so bad. You really thought I wouldn't recognize you?" Calum let out a low chuckle before throwing his arm around my shoulder, planting a kiss on the side of my head. Shit, not the butterflies.

"Okay, I got this—" Kate stopped in her tracks, not expecting a smug Calum on my side, as she raised her eyebrows and squinted her eyes in a teasing manner before pressing her lips together and mouthed "I'll meet you back at your apartment." before giving Calum a little wave and sprinted off.

Now it's just me and Calum again.