nineteen: contract

The flight back to L.A was peaceful and quiet since the boys rode on a separate plane back which meant Calum wasn't around to hit me with his insults and complains that I didn't need. It was only Kate and I sleeping soundly during the entire flight.

Now, I'm in my apartment in nothing but an oversized shirt and a pair of boxers knowing I wasn't going to do anything today since Olivia insisted that we rest first so here I am, watching netflix surrounded by food.

I haven't heard anything from Calum lately, not that I was expecting it since I'm obviously irrelevant to him unless we had to go out and show the public what a 'happy couple' we are. Damn, this dude really be getting on my nerves sometimes and it shows.

Halfway through my series, I receive a notification but I shrugged it off since I already expected it to be Liv and I did not want to be disturbed today. A few minutes passed, I was already flooded with a series of notification, Liv wasn't going to stop until I read it so I groaned and reached for my phone, turning it on as I adjusted to the brightness of it before reading who was giving me a shit ton of messages.

Speaking of the fucking devil.

Calum H. it read, already planning out his murder in my head. This dude just wont stop, will he?

Calum H.
where r u
i know u received my msg
i'm bored. Lets hang
i miss u
haha jk.
i'm coming over, ill be der in 5
c ya l8r allig8r

I haven't even gotten ready yet and he's gonna be here in 5 minutes? Is he nuts?!

Just then, a knock on my door was heard, it hasn't even been 5 minutes yet, now he's already here? I aggressively swung my blanket over to the side before stomping my way to the door, looking through the peep hole to see Calum leaning against the wall in front my door, shades resting on the bridge of his nose, lollipop in his mouth with his arms crossed against his chest. This sly son of a bitch.

Opening the door, I greeted him with an unpleasant look on my face before saying, "Gee, your girls really got bored of you so you called me up instead, pathetic."

"Don't flatter yourself, love, there are girls hitting up my dm's but guess who's doorstep I showed up at? Yours, babe." he says, giving me wink.

"Then that's a huge problem for me, goodbye, Cal, have a nice day." I shoot him a forced smile before slamming the door shut before hearing Calum's pleas of telling me to invite him in.

"Hey come on, I just wanna hang, pleeeease?" He says, I know Calum's not gonna stop wanting to come in and that would be a hassle since I know he's gonna leave but show up a few minutes after again. This weird boy.

"Bitch ass." I muttered before opening the door to see Calum jokingly jut out his bottom lip noticing he is being let in, he shoots a smile before suddenly tossing me over his shoulder out of the blue.

"What the fuck? Calum, let me down!" I yelled, struggling to get out of his grip as he drags me inside my apartment, hearing the door shut behind us, completely ignoring me and my demands to let me down.

"I'll murder you in your sleep if you wont let me down, Calum!" This resulted in Calum just laughing at what I said. "Chill out, woman, jeez." He says, as he lifts me down, now feeling the weight off my shoulders. "I let you in and that's how you greet me?"

"It's not the first time i've done that though, just alot angrier this time." Didn't know we're taking a trip down memory lane, Calum.

I looked at him to see him looking back at me but instead of us making contact, his eyes started traveling down which made me shoot him a disgusted look.

"damn who's lucky enough to get a taste of you lately?" THIS MAN WONT STOP.

"Clearly not you." I joked, rolling my eyes before walking my way to the living room before plopping down on the sofa, Calum following me as he does the same, moving closer to me as he wraps his arm around my shoulder which resulted in me moving away from the man.

"You moved." He whispered, staring at me as he juts out his bottom lip again, giving me the look of a child begging for candy.

"Yeah, cause it's weird."

"We used to do it before.."

"We're broken up now, Cal. We're only hanging out because of the contract." As I said this, Calum's face dropped. It was better to hit him with the reality of why we were doing this than to act like this was completely normal between us. I mean, there were also other reasons why I didn't wanna get closer with Calum was because I also didn't wanna get attached to him again. The more I got closer to him the more I got confused with my feelings towards him, it wasn't like I was falling for him again because I know it probably wont happen but the way he's been giving me mixed signals was just making me question my relationship with him.

He mumbled something under his breath before leaning back into the couch as he grabbed the remote control from beside me and turned on the tv, thinking I didn't hear him, in fact, I did hear him but it was better to pretend I didn't.

"what if I only wanted to hang out not because of the fucking contract." Was what he said.