thirteen : three am

+

"He has the most adorable smile, Kate, and that's what I don't like about him." I rant to Kate, towels wrapped around our heads as robes covered our bodies, typical things girls would do, gossip in their robes with wine in their hands.

"Not gonna lie, he does have an adorable smile." even Kate herself agrees.

"but I think Ashton's dimpled smile is the best." Kate comments, winking at me.

"We all know Michael has the best one." we were now gushing over the members of my ex's band which was so fucking weird.

"screw that, Luke has the best-test one." Kate shrugs, jutting out her lower lip as she does this before taking a sip on her wine.

"why are we even talking about them, let's talk about Tyler Posey instead." My attraction towards Tyler Posey will never stop.

"To honest, I wouldn't even think twice if I ever saw Tyler while I'm out with Calum." The thought of seeing Tyler while I acted around with Calum was a little bit funny.

Okay, I think the wine's getting to me.

"If you ditch Calum I'd probably go for him while you do that." Kate says, a smug grin on her face. "I'd gladly let you have him, Kate." I said, downing the glass of wine before taking the bottle on the nightstand, refilling my glassz

"okay, I have a feeling you're getting tipsy." I point out, seeing her eyes get droopy as she lets out a burp, making me scrunch up my nose.

"I am not, Hun." Kate slurred, denying is one sign that you're drunk.

"whatever Kate, I'm not talking to you drunk," I say, grabbing her glass as she whines while I do so. Last time Kate got drunk, we both talked about Harry Styles, and while we were talking about him she had mentioned that she would definitely sleep with him, unaware of the fact that Harry was right behind us and heard every bits of out conversation. I couldn't tell if he was amused or weirded out by the look on his face because the moment we turned around, we were met with a wide eyed Harry.

Hearing Kate groan and lay back on her bed as I walked towards my suitcase, finding something to wear for the night and once I did, I plopped down on my bed, eventually drifting off to sleep.

+

My eyes fluttered open expecting it to be morning already but judging how the room was still dark, seems like it's still dawn. I reached for my phone, checking the time to see the numbers 2:48 on it. I sigh, it's probably the jet lag.

I laid back down, trying to fall asleep but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't go back to sleep, as I tossed and turned around my bed, I even threw the blanket off of me cause it's probably just the heat just to find myself putting the blanket over me again due to how cold it was too. No matter how comfortable I got, I just couldn't fall asleep.

Hopefully the convinient store nearby was still open so I could buy myself some snacks while I try to fight the jet lag off.

I threw my legs over the bed, limping towards my suitcase since my ankle was still hurting from the fall yesterday. I put on my sweater and slipped into a pair of comfortable slip ons.

I quietly left our room, hoping nobody was up right now.

The hotel was filled with silence, of course, who else would be awake right now besides the receptionist and the guards roaming around the place. I felt like I was in a horror movie, shrugging the feeling off because I was already in the elevator. I seriously need to think before doing something very stupid.

I'm pretty sure my bodyguards were already asleep and I don't wanna bother waking them up just because I need someone to accompany me because I couldn't fall asleep.

I walked out the elevator, finding the receptionist as I gave her a small smile as she returned it with one before saying, "going somewhere, ma'am?" in which I nodded in response.

"be careful though, it's pretty scary during this time of night." and again, I just nodded, appreciating the concern.

as I walked out the glass doors, finally relieved that there were no paparazzi's around but just normal people passing by.

I walked down the pavements in New York, hoping I could find the convinient store that I always found myself passing by it, as the bright neon lights of the store were hanged up.

and then I found it, relieved that it's only a walk away.

but I still had to cross roads though.

As I reached the store, I opened the door as the sounds of bells filled my ears as I looked at the cashier to find a guy around his twenty's that looked bored out of his mind as he scrolls through his phone.

he didn't seem to mind my presence since he just kept tapping away on his phone.

I got some drinks and snacks, ready to pay for my items as I dropped them all on the corner, looking up at the guy who just looked at me with a smug look and scanned the items. gee, this guy must be pretty done with everything.

I gave him the money, telling him to keep the change until the sound of the bells filled my ears again, to find another man in his twenty's and he looked kind of attractive especially when he looked neat and fresh.

"the usual, Larry." He says, as 'Larry', I'm assuming, sets the two bottle of beers on the counter as I looked at him. Dude, no, Celestia don't stare at him you creep.

"hello, you're a pretty one." he says, noticing me as he shoots me a warm smile as I returned  an awkward one. He smelt good too.

"What's your name, pretty bird?" he asks, you shouldn't be talking to strangers, Les.

"C-Celestia." I stammered, gathering all my things, ready to leave the store but was interrupted by his voice again.

"You look really familiar, I think I've seen you around." He says, Larry the guy just scanned his items, not caring about anything and was unaware of this whole conversation we were having.

"I don't know." I replied too quickly, I didn't want him to know that my face was on social media especially when I don't have anyone with me right now. It's too dangerous "I need to go. nice meeting you." I said, dismissing myself before slowly walking out of the store, stopping halfway when I heard him call out my name.

"It was nice meeting you too! Hopefully I get to see you again."

-

When I arrived at the hotel, I carefully walked in Kate and I's room, trying not to wake her up although she's a heavy sleeper. Minutes had passed, it was starting to get lonely and quiet even though Kate was sleeping right beside me. Something about silence has always made me feel lonely but at peace at the same time.

I feel like watching the stars would be a good thing right now since I loved watching them ever since I was a little kid, and ever since I met Calum back in the day, he would always suggest watching the stars especially at times where couldn't sleep at night. It would always calm the both of us down. He would always tell me that I shone bright as the stars at night along with other cheesy pick up lines, I wasn't gonna lie, Calum did made me happy and made me feel loved in any way.

So I slowly walked towards the balcony of our hotel room, opening the glass doors, as I stepped out, a gust of wind hit my skin. It was a chilly night and the stars shone bright as ever.

Then I realized I wasn't alone when I heard the familiar Australian accent that belonged to the person who I used to call mine.

"It's a lonely night, isn't it?"