8. 𝘀𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝗳*𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱

viii

viii. she's f*cked in the head

Morning had soon settled upon the small island. Slowly everyone began to wake. Fishermen, setting off past the waves. Tourist with sunscreen-stained noses readying for a day at the beach. Shops began to unlock their doors. The island began to wake up. And then there were those who hadn't gone to sleep at all.

The morning settled too soon for the liking of Nova Scott. Her skin burned under the rays of the sun. Muscles ached. Eyelids feel heavy. She'd been in John B's backyard all night, and now, well into the morning. The house John B. hadn't even bothered to show at. He was no where to found. Dodging calls and texts while his friends worked overtime.

Nova shook her head, hands firmly placed on her hips, "Yeah, no," she said, looking at Pope. "There is no way I'm getting in that thing."

Pope rolled his eyes, groaning in annoyance. He'd been trying to convince her to climb into the large bin he'd showed her and Kiara last night so that he could test his pulley system invention. But Nova shook her head, not agreeing to step into that deathtrap of a plan.

"And why not?" Pope asked her.

"Why don't you ask JJ," Nova suggested instead of telling Pope that she was afraid. "He hasn't done anything all morning."

His grace period had expired. Last night Nova allowed JJ to sulk, but now, she was over it. It was time to work, and she expected him to contribute now.

"Untrue, Nova Scott!" JJ yelled.

Still from his place in the hot tub. Which had sense been turned off. And that he was supposed to be cleaning, for multiple hours now. Which he'd only thrown the pool toys he bought of the edge and into the grass.

"Very true," Nova argued.

"Oh my god!" Kiara cut in. "Pope, I'll sit in your stupid bin."

Neither, Pope or Nova put up a fight. And While Pope helped Kiara into the metal bin, Nova turned, making her way to JJ who still sat, feet resting in the hot tub. The jets had since been turned off, leaving still water, that only moved with the wind, allowing leaves to drift on the surface.