CHAPTER 15

XANDER

I wasn't planning on going back to the house until Sunday morning but I ended up meeting Sebastian and Jordan for drinks earlier in the evening. I didn't want to make the thirty minute drive back to my condo so I decided to just go back to the house since it was closer to the bar where we were.

It's past midnight when I get there and it's quiet when I walk inside so I assume that Caroline is sleeping. I walk up the stairs and when I glance at her room. I realize that the door of her room is open. I can see that her bed is empty and still made so she must not be home. I know it's none of my business but I can't help but wonder where she is. Is she with her little boyfriend?

I sigh as I walk to my room and frown when the door is open. I always close it whenever I leave the house. I drop my keys on the bed and pull my shirt off. I glance at the door again, wondering if I forgot to close it or if someone has been in my room. And then I hear something coming from the bathroom.

I frown as I take a step towards it. I move my head so I can look through the gap and I raise my eyebrows in surprise with that I see. I push the door open slowly and grin when I see Caroline inside the bathtub. Her head is leaned back and she has her eyes closed. There is a glass of wine next to her and bubbles all over the bathtub, covering her naked body in the water.

I cross my arms on my chest as I lean against the doorway. I almost can't believe my eyes. Caroline in my bathtub. It's a fantasy I didn't even know I had.

"Well, this is a nice welcoming," I finally say.

Her eyes snap open at the sound of my voice and then she turns her head and meets my gaze. She turns pale and then she straightens up. "Xander, oh my god, you scared me."

"I scared you?" I ask amusedly. "You're the one who's in my bathtub. I thought someone had broken in," I say as I walk inside the bathroom. "Turns out, it's just my bad roommate."

She purses her lips nervously. "I'm so sorry," she says as she puts her arm across her breasts. "I just wanted to take a bath and the other bathroom doesn't have a bathtub. You said you would be at your condo this weekend."

"So you decided to break into my room?" I ask with an amused grin. I know she's embarrassed and I'm not about to let her off the hook that easily. Not when she looks so sexy in my bathtub and not when I'm having this much fun.

"I didn't break in," she says quietly. "The door was unlocked."

I sit on the edge of the bathtub and she pulls back and brings her knees up to her chest. "So if your bedroom door is unlocked, I can come in whenever I want?" I ask her amusedly.

She bites her lip nervously. "I'm so sorry. I'm really embarrassed."

I grin. "I know."

"I'll leave if you can just pass me my robe," she says and I follow her gaze to the back of the door where her white robe is hanging.

"Huh," I say pensively, turning to look at her. "I think I'd rather not." I cross my arms on my chest as I look at her. "I'd like to enjoy the view just a little longer. Maybe I can join you?"

"Don't even think about it," she says but I watch as her eyes trail down to my chest. I'm suddenly glad I took off my shirt before coming to the bathroom.

I'm even more glad I decided to come to the house rather than going back to my condo. Now I have my sexy roommate naked in my bathtub all to myself. It's my lucky night.

"You're really not going to give me my robe?" she asks.

"I am, just not yet." I grin at her.

She shakes her head with a smile and then she covers her face with her hands. "I can't believe this is happening." she murmurs.