Chapter 13

Rucheeka’s POV:

It had been about five months since the whole cheating scandal had gone down between Niall and me, and since then we’d been more in love then we were before. After his little declaration of love during their one interview, every single interviewer since then had commented and asked about us. I still remember a recent interview that I’d watched where they’d talked about our relationship, now known as Riall thanks to the fans.

“So Niall, how is your girlfriend doing?”

“She’s doing amazing. I actually just saw her yesterday even though we have such busy schedules.”

“That’s good, and how long have you guys been together now?”

“Um, 7 months actually. Wow, time flies by really fast when you’re in love, doesn’t it?”

“7 months. That’s wonderful! You two are still as loved up?”

“I could definitely say yes to that, maybe even more. We’re extremely happy, and I couldn’t ask for anyone better than her to be honest.”

I still smile at the memory of each interview and how happy the boys, and not just Niall, seemed to be when they talked about me. If anything, it had made me even closer to the other four boys, which wasn’t something I would complain about. As of right now, I was up getting ready for a date that Niall had planned for us, but wouldn’t tell me anything about it. More importantly however, it was Valentine’s Day. I’d woken up around 10 AM to a text from Niall that said,

From Niall<3: Be ready by 12, today’s Valentine’s day, and I plan on making sure my valentine has the best day she could ever possibly imagine xx

I’d smiled and replied back with a ‘Sounds brilliant xx’ and began my routine for the day. After brushing my teeth and showering I walked out to see Victoria and Aarti waiting for me in the kitchen with breakfast already made. They had these stupid smiles on their faces which made me realize they probably knew what Niall had planned. “He told you guys didn’t he?” They looked at each other before nodding. “I would ask you guys to tell me everything but I’m going to be a good girlfriend and not even ask at all. At least help me figure out what to wear and everything.” They both snickered a bit before saying, “Oh don’t worry, we definitely will. You’re in for a really exhilarating day.” I rolled my eyes at them before finishing up my breakfast and heading to my room. Victoria and Aarti sat me down before moving over to my closet and throwing it open. In a matter of 5 minutes they’d picked out, the “perfect outfit”, for tonight and laid it on the bed. It was black leggings paired with a cotton and flowy white top, finished off with white wedges.

I looked over at the clock to see it was already 11:30 AM and rushed to put it on. I decided to go light on the make-up but still make it noticeable. I outlined my eyes with a bit of black eyeliner, applied some mascara to finish them off and added a hint of blush on my cheeks to finish up the look. My hair had decided to be good to me today and it fell in soft waves down my back. When I looked in the mirror I was happy with how I looked; my look was fancy but still simple. My phone buzzed on the table next to my bed and before I could reach it Victoria had already answered and said, “She’s on her way. And don’t you worry we didn’t tell her anything but she looks amazing so you better be satisfied. Have fun tonight!” I grabbed my phone from her hand before grabbing my purse that was lying on my bed. I hugged both of them quickly and ran out the door to meet Niall.

As I sat down in the passenger seat and turned to face him, I saw him holding out flowers and my heart swelled a little at the sweet sentiment behind it. He smiled at me and said, “Happy Valentine’s Day baby.” I smiled and kissed him before taking the flowers into my hand and saying, “Happy Valentine’s Day to you too.” He took my hand in his and proceeded to start driving. “So Niall, what are we doing today?” He looked at me and shook his head, “Like I’m going to ruin the surprise.” I huffed at him but I couldn’t help the little smile that spread over my face at the thought of Niall planning this surprise of a day for me.