Chapter 11

It was my favorite time of year, Hallowen. It was my favorite holiday, and my birthday fell between it and Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun to be had before Christmas.

Yes, I loathe Christmas, but more there later.

The girls and I were at the mall, shopping for Halloween gear. We actually managed to land a small gig for Halloween night. It was just at a class mate's house, but still, tons of people would be there. Oh, I almost forgot, Liam was with us. He and I had been talking a lot, and things just kind of picked up where they left off. Besides, with him being an artist, I had trusted his opinion. And, I wanted to spend time with him. 2 birds, one stone.

Which leads me to Alice. I think we put "us" on the back burner. Not that I didn't find her attractive—I mean, I was in love with her—but for now, we made better friends. What, with the band, and all, it just didn't play out. But, that doesn't mean I don't think about kidding her in the park. A lot.

We were striking out at the mall. I refused to set foot in Hot Topic. 7th grade Doshi loved it there. Almost 18 year old Doshi found it chincy. Except for the band shirts, those were cool.

"Any ideas?" Alice asked as we started.

"Hell, I'm ready to check Abercrombie and Fitch just to see if they have black jeans," I said, "or the Gap...or some preppy shit like that."

"What about thrift stores?" Liam suggested.

"Actually, that's a good idea," I said.

"I agree," Valentina said.

"Wanna grab food at the food court first, then go?" I asked.

"Yeah, why not?" everyone said, in some way or the other. SO off to the food court we went.

There were a few thrift shops nearby and I figured we had enough time to actually find something. Thrift shopping was a beast all its own.

We got to the first shop, looked around, trying to figure out where to start.

"Liam, take dudes clothes, Charlotte and I will start in girl's shirts, Val and Alice, you take pants?"

"Sounds like a plan," Liam said.

"On it," Valentina replied.

We were at it for a while. I grabbed a shopping car, because we all kept finding cool shit, besides what we were out for. But Liam found the Holy Grail.

"Doshi," he said, bringing an off white shirt to me, "you're gonna want to check this out."

"Whatcha got?"

"I think it's legit too," he answered. He turned the shirt around so I could see it.

Facing me was David Bowie's red and blue lighting bolt emblazoned Ziggy Stardust era face.

"Oh shit!" I yelled, "I'm buying this! It fits or not!" Liam laughed. I grew up all but worshipping David Bowie. My dad played Ziggy Stardust for me all the time as a kid. It's still one of my all time favorite albums.

We finished soon after that. I was sure we had plenty to work with. We were gonna look badass for this show. I was super excited.

And that shirt! I couldn't wait to show my dad!

We did decide to all make our way back to my house to divide up our finds. We spent the evening planning, designing, and making sure we knew what we wanted. Liam offered a ton of good ideas. I was grateful for the help.

After what seemed like no time at all, we started getting phone calls from the girls' parents, wondering where they were. Guess it was time to call it quits.