CHAPTER 10: ACADEMY

“He boded evil and the malice he spoke of complimented his great distrust”

⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱Siena of Amoria⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

     ⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

The amber sun was slightly above the horizon, the edges brightened into fiery
scenery as Siena made her way back to the academy. The merciless sun scorching deeply into her exposed skin where her pitch-black suit didn't conceal. Yet, she ignored the incessant burn for she chose to ponder on the reason that made Trinity leave the Inn she'd procured and had ordered her to stay.

She trudged along rows of guards before she took a quick, yet vivid glance on the bronze-roofed structure of the academy. It stood starkly amongst the other grey ones. Its white-marble walls shone brightly under the might of the pitiless sun—emitting different streaks of light—Siena took in the huge castle with high ornamental turrets on each of the corners of the building. Green ivy climbing the beautiful white marble facade. Multitudes of guards, each stood beside the towering golden pillars of intricate patterns that flourished its way to the top, their armors glinting blue and red; the colors of the legion. They stood titantically and Siena thought.

This is the glory of the academy.

It looked primitive, yet mysterious for the rune of Helios supplying the luminous golden barrier that pulsed barely-there shine suppressed her innate strength instantly but she'd gotten used to it, so little did it affect her anymore. And she hoped that was the only logical reason the Legionnaires in or below the peasant rank found it so hard to enter the academy unless he or she was of royal blood for the royals weren't in any ways affected by the barrier.

She shoved the thought in a canter when she sighted a convoy of legion that was just arriving from the Calhaja stronghold passing through the barrier ahead of her.

They left hours ago, why are they back so soon? She asked to no one but her preoccupied mind.

She needed to find Vincent quickly. If her assumption was somehow correct, he would be in Reconnaissance Chamber or the Main Hall. The issue of Trinity couldn't be taken lightly especially that the mercenaries had arrived and one had already roguishly gotten attached to her beauty and looking for her in the name of following the ridiculous rules of the mercenary

She wasn't jealous but she somehow found it so annoying that every man that had met her in Amoria instantly fell for her foreign appearance bar the general. She even doubted him, perhaps slightly.

She shook her head, relinquished herself of the thought before she tossed back the long red braided-hair that clutched around her neck like a snake.

She also thought of the war in the North, it'd become intense and harsh lately for there wasn't a day a convoy or more wouldn't be sighted on the roads to Calhaja for reinforcement.

She sighed, she hadn't prepared for these, no one had. Even the general hardly slept these days. The affairs took a toil on every official on duty.
And her furrow deepened when she pondered on Trinity's issue once again, realizing how it would bring more burden to their weary hands.

“Damn girl” she muttered.

She followed stealthily behind the convoy albiet they had already gone far, her footsteps couldn't be heard even by the wind for she and it were one.

And as she walked elegantly through the barrier, she could feel the simmering heat dampening off instantly while a chilly cold rebounded and the new warm pure energy consolidated. And as she slogged fairer on the golden carpeted floor with fine details along the edges, its complexity always intrigued her.
She wiped away a bead of moisture from her forehead with the back of her left palm before she beheld the towering door of the academy, the soldiers with the convoy had vanished, only the armouries were outside being watched by the two guards that were guarding the door to the academy.