CHAPTER 12: ENCOUNTER IN THE ALLEY

“She was provoked and they were dismayed”

  ⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱General Vincent⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

Trinity coughed slightly as the morning breeze blew foul odor of carrion flowers over her path, the scent brewing against another glorious, yet weary day she had been toiling the inner hoods of Amoria with the almost conceited hope of finding the captive's brother.

She'd heard from the one called Sir Frederick of Laytown- the mercenary- that her brother was in Amoria and from that awkward moment, she'd had the lunatic idea of searching every cranny of the city for him.

She should've waited for the General but little did she trust his capability and his subordinates to give her what she craved for. Her graceful time was running out, thus, depreciating her patient she had for the city and belittling her efficacy and prowess she thought she possessed to accomplish her mission and find the secret lurking behind her runed sword.

She had no choice but to find the captive's brother and ally with him. She should be able to get inside the Amoria archive with his help.

Her thought ceased when she heard a disturbance from the abandoned hoods she'd just passed, she halted, elegant head with floating hair turned, amber eyes flitting for the cause.

A jet cat posed for threat when it sighted her godly countenance and pose before it stealthily walked through the ruins back to whence it crawled from.

Filthy creature. She sighed as she conceived the thought.

She redressed her hood and tossed back strand of hair that flaunted in front of her sight before she continued her walk. She stared at the buildings, all tenantless, save for the crannying wind that occupied the ghastly ruins. No one in his or her right mind could stay here for a minute, despite the broad lucent expanse of the morning that should've made the wraith's auras fade away, yet it complemented its abhorrence. But she wasn't an ordinary loner either, she was far worst from it. This scenery was a pebble from the horrible and unpleasant things she had seen from the Outland.

She was perplexed when she thought that her amplified hearing was deceiving her for she heard strange eerie sound that wasn't supposed to come from any creature. Eyes flitting frantically for more than a split second before she decided, perhaps she was being paranoid.

She continued on but when she saw, beyond her, another route had ceased her erstwhile straight path, she halted and murmured aloud.

“What are you doing Trinity? You have been walking all night till morning with nothing in your grasp yet, and now it seems like you're the foolish one being mocked by your own ambition and.....goddamn filthy creatures of this hideous place” she uttered to herself before she beheld a young peasant on chariot coming towards her path.

The horse neighed and slowed promptly as the man forced the chariot to halt in front of her.

“Dame, you're blocking my path!” his voice, husky as he yelled in disdain.

Trinity eyed him carefully, she wasn't with her sword but her suit surely made her look like a knight, albeit, they were silks.

She looked behind her and back to the man who looked impatiently on the chariot before she uttered, her voice soothing like a still water.

“I apologize....Your horse can't take this path. Behind me is a land filled with charred houses and remnants of the deceased, I'll urge you to look for another route that leads to your destination”