CHAPTER 4 : INTO THE CITY

“And Atamar feared them greatly for she was one with her mistress and yet, her pose spoke of uncertainty”

      ⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱Dirk Mort⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

      ⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

Their eyes warning an inevitable battle, the ambiance was intense and nostrils flared up, fury, power and rage accompanied the incessant breathing. Bodies radiating steams as they moved closer, their legs straddled, striding cautiously. They braced behind their shields, swords pointing above it. Magic and forces moved along with their maneuvers.

They glared as if she was the foe; a demon. But she was composed even though her sword radiated raw power, vibrating in her palm, longing for blood as pungent black blood drooped down and splattered onto the earth.

“Deprive yourself of your guard!”their leader yelled, his voice compelling, cold and unwavering.

“This is ridiculous” Atamar whispered nonchalantly.

“Agreed”

When she didn't act, unsure whether he should take a step or warn again.

He chose the latter.

“Drop down your sword!” he yelled again before he straightened.

Trinity creased a brow which instantly reinforced her confident pose. Her slight gesture didn't satisfy the curious leader so he strode closer as his legions flanked behind him. He was the only one with helmet while the others were with plain faces, different magic flickering from their set of eyes.

There was a reign of silence as everyone contemplated on their own very minds of what would transpire if this drama continued.

She was steady, like the monument of a fallen goddess, she stood tall and fierce. No flick of emotion came across her pale figure. She had decided to let them wonder in fear before she could give in to their what seem like a rampacious behavior to her.

Interesting”

She raised her hands above her head slowly but didn't let go of her sword.

“I mean no harm” her voice was resolute like that of Doves in Dryad's abode. It was extremely refreshing for it soothed their leader's temper and his compatriots.

“Then you do as I said, Miss!” there was a slight command in his voice and it irritated her but she didn't let it show.

“As the General of the king's legion” he continued “it's the least of my duties to consider the protection of my people first. It's either you lay down your weapon or you leave the border at once....”

Fool....Mistress, do these rules make them sleep better at night?”

I thought about it” Atamar snickered after her mistress' words.

There was a pause in time as she scowled at him. Albeit he was the General but possessiveness was the greatest thing she loathed most. But also she didn't have a choice here, she was the one that craved knowledge; to unravel the riddle behind the runes in her sword was her objective and she would do anything to get to the bottom of it.

“I need to get to the city” she said as if it was the most crucial thing to do.

Trinity could see frustration or perhaps, uncertainty in the General's visage. He would either fear that she was a demon or a shapeshifter, only the two creatures could possess her kind of angelic features; her ashen face did pass for an ethereal entity, lucid ring of amber eyes that gleamed whenever she shifted her orbs or got upset. Her long white hairs that flaunted smartly in its own will behind her in transcendental motion as if they were alive. Sometimes, she would conclude that she was an harbinger of the lost souls, that somehow she was being controlled by the very nature itself and mocked by the mundane. And gravely times would she curse the mother that birthed her and then abandoned her in front of a lunatic family that taunted her with disgust for being different, who in Hades' world in her sanity state would do that to her baby?