CHAPTER 16: ALLEGIANCE TO THE WEST

"And they allied together for the fluttering distinct causes"

⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱General Vincent⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

Dim amber eyes gazed upon the frames of unknown heroes that hung on both walls of crimson corridor leading to wherever they said their destination was. Even though they had walked for a while now inside the Academy, the academic wings seemed not to get any closer, perhaps, it was because this would be the first time she was inside the second to the best academy of the world.

Trinity's eyes flitted to Siena who seemed to be musing. She remembered that Siena informed her they were the secret allies in charge of what they claimed to be as Project Saia. She looked behind to peruse the group once more.

The raven-haired boy called Lucas was behind her-too close for her liking- and the constant smile that appeared on his lips was unusual for the atmosphere that surrounded them was not a one that called for amusement. The twins; Matilda and Parida walked separately behind the ice-boy, they were too alike to be called different persons, the only slight differences were the clothes and manners they possessed. One wore the look of disdain and the other was of shame as they walked far away from each other. And a boy, who they said was Ralph, apparently younger than them all lurked behind the twins. His little frame could hardly be seen, and his silent, yet awkward visage was uncalled for at the moment for he walked like someone behind compelled to complete a task. The boy that attacked her was at the rear of the group, his stern glare alone could destroy the whole building.

"And when I thought you were the only eccentric weirdo among them" Atamar voiced out her thought.

"Atamar? What are you doing?" It was a relieve to hear her voice again after the fight with the mercenary, however, this was not the right time neither the right place to chat with the ancient sorcerer. The magic inside the academy was too strong for them to converse in secret, albeit she'd walked in some insanely powerful areas before but this was different. The folks here were bearers not thralls and some possessed enormous amount of magic.

"I was bored child, my abode was extremely suffocating..." she paused and then sighed "And I felt a powerful magic a while ago. More than one high ranking bearers are in this building, at least twenty are legends. I am afraid, I won't stay long with you"

"Like hell I wanted you to" they both could talk with mental magic Trinity possessed so even if she yelled at her, no one would notice unless they were in the surrounding full of legend bearers " I told you to stay put and don't come out until I say otherwise..."

She cut in "alright, alright, mother. Tsk, you're too bossy for your pretty face"

It wasn't long before she knew she had gone back to her abode, she released a breath she had been holding.

"What's wrong with them?" Bia asked and Trinity was surprised to have instantly forgotten about her sudden apprentice's form. She'd possessed her from her brother after a long much pleading before he'd reluctantly allowed her sister to follow her to the academy.

She'd noticed the group too, especially the four at the rear, their solemn gestures were too strange to behold.

"They all have issues" The raven-haired boy was the one that answered for he was beside her the whole time and that made Trinity wonder.

"And you?" she asked and Lucas' blue eyes flitted to her, he frowned before he smirked after.

"I don't have issues" he said with surprised.