CHAPTER 17: ETHIA

“He never feared any woman before until he met her domineering ways”

i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱Matilda of Euthymia⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

“You shouldn't have spoken to him like that, you know?”

Dark heels with murky leggings strode to the edge of the bed before Siena seated on it with heavy sigh.

Amber eyes flitting through the structure and beauty of the dim chamber with steep ceiling hung with translucent grey chandelier, yet with opaque edges. And as she let her eyes rove the peripheral of it, part of the lit that streaked down the chandelier succored her white hair for it rekindled its sheen glory as it glowed like amber and pale gold. Her pale skin morphed unto fair, complimenting the hair as they both basked in beauty together while the hair, now golden, flaunted eagerly.

Siena gawked like she'd seen it all for as she beheld the creature in front of her, her mouth had already spoken in its own accord before she berated herself silently in shyness.

“You're...beautiful...” and when she realized how awkward her words were, she hesitantly added “...I mean...way more striking than I will ever be”

Trinity promptly withdrew from the sight of the chandelier and looked to Siena's awe, yet blushing visage. Her hair had morphed back to utter white.

And when Siena saw her staring, she continued.

“I—I apologize, they were just...so tempting” she stuttered.

Trinity smiled which gave the red-haired girl assurance that she was unbothered by her awkward admittance.

“It's okay, I got used to it...this...” she assured. She turned back to the light decorated walls of the room “it's like a Palace”

Siena chuckled silently “from what I've seen about you, I would be surprised if you had seen a Palace before”

“I had, actually...in a rather more comical experience”

Siena chuckled before she shifted comfortably like she was about to be told a tale

“Oh, tell me” a grin plastered on her crimson lips.

Trinity sighed then walked to the edge of the bed and seated beside Siena “I...was on a mission and infiltrated one by...mistake, and there was this maidservant who spotted me lurking behind a wall, she instantly thought I was one of them for she took me as a member of the royals, she said 'are you the princess from the South-West? For your appearance surpasses those parasites at the court dressed in fine silks from the East before the bay and rich tunics that make for harlots' I was...dumbfounded, staring into space for a while because I had no idea what to say to her”

Siena laughed for a while before she uttered “so, pray tell, how did you escape from her grasp?”

Trinity was hesitant for a while for she did not know how to put it “I...rendered her...unconscious”

Siena's amusement had promptly disappeared, she didn't expect the outcome of the narration to end in an aggressive way, she stared widely and the only thing that surged out from her crimson lips was “oh”

Trinity raised her brows in skeptical then added to defend herself from Siena's view who might think she was being cruel.

“My mission was my priority, and the maidservant was just at the wrong time and place, alerting the guards was far from the last thing I wanted...and I think she was fortunate I didn't kill her”