CHAPTER 15: PRINCESS FREYA

"And when he thought he was alone, he found others like him"

  ⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱King Klaustie⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱⊰i⊱

An awe expression at the towering monument of the first warlord that paved the way for the fellow legionnaires and royal guards alike, standing on a large patch of intricate, yet bold metals that held its foundation.

Princess Freya was enthralled of its design and complexity, its rocken silk flaunted still like it were made of water, while its flaming slippers were like that of Zeus. Her eyes flitted to the the base of its foundation and beheld bunch of conspicuous flowers from the Legionnaires. This wasn't a first time for her to be here, yet it was a rare sight for her to behold this section every time she passed here, albeit it was a third time since she'd been birthed by the royal queen.

"Pray tell, remind me of his name again?" not turning her attention towards her two female royal guards tailing behind her.

"Princess, I recalled the queen doesn't want you to visit the academy any more, disobeying her order will not only get you in trouble but us too. I plead your grace to reconsider and turn back at once"

The princess, furious, yet calm turned back abruptly and faced the guard that reminded her of what she loathed most.

They both bowed slightly when they saw her frowning face and kept a distance.

"I thought Helios behallowed you two? No?" she turned back and continued her delight inspection on the monument "I remembered saving you pigs when my mother sentenced you to death and second.....when you were about to receive 5000 lashes at the town square. And I also remembered the reason you both got into troubles constantly behind my back."

She faced them and smile appeared on her crimson lips "because you both had fun without my acknowledge of course. So quit your annoying self you hypocrites, and exhibit your manners I cherish most"

The two guards glanced at each other, their visors glinting golden under the lit from the magical luminous chandeliers suspended at the steep ceiling of the main hall.

"If that's all" she turned back to the scenery beyond her "then do tell me the name of the warlord here whose valor keeps me sleep better at night"

Her long emerald silk flaunted behind her, the edges swishing the grey tiles as she walked elegantly, apricot trinkets with cerulean gems held her long braided hair in place. Her fair face complemented the clothes she wears.

And as they passed, the Legionnaires nearby would halt and took in her godly appearance, their courtesy disappeared completely for they were enthralled to stare more instead of bowing as she passed, and they would when they eventually beheld the royal guards behind her majestic frame. And some were confused for they hardly saw the princess in their midst.

"Erilo Meer of Southern stronghold, Roxingale stronghold my princess" one of the guards answered her long awaiting question.

"Oh? From South? Then why do they worship his monument here?" she enquired.

"He was an orphan in Mariel Orphanarium, and when he came of age, he was transferred here by the midwives and swore his allegiance to the West"

"He was rumored to have been attacked by the creatures of the night that lurk within the heart of the Outland, for he was sent alone and his journey to the West was a journey to the abyss and back" the second guard interfered.

"I thought, transferring an orphan to pledge allegiance to a region alone was considered to be a crime? For the journey through the Outland was not a one to be taken lightly of, even the royal guard wouldn't dare take the risk, not to talk of armless boy" Freya said, quite interested in the topic.