2) Distract me

Vik could identify that familiar double knock from a mile away. At the announcement of his arrival, Vik popped up from his seat to open the door. There was his guest in all their glory. Middrift still exposed.

"Hello darling." Simon sung. Vik moved aside to let him in.

"How are you, Si?"

"Living my best life. And it's somehow even better now that I'm here with you." Simon brushed Vik's arm with a light touch of the hand before taking a seat in Harry's chair. Vik returned to his own seat to resume the work Simon was soon to distract him from. "Sorry for me and Josh's behavior yesterday in the library."

"Kids make out in there all the time. It's not the worst offense." Vik tried to steer him away from talking about it.

"I'm sure but you seemed really upset by it." Simon pressed on.

"Only because you were being grinded against my books. People touch and read that stuff." Vik raised an eyebrow at him.

"I doubt anyone cares if my ass was being rubbed against the book of equestrian history or whatever. If anything, it makes the book more desirable." Simon joked. Vik nodded in agreement. It was a statement he could not disagree about. "But seriously, I know seeing me so 'touchy' with other guys gets under your skin."

"Oh..." It's true. This wasn't the first time Vik had been visibly bothered. And getting called out on his jealousy is embarrassing. "You know I don't care who you get with. You and Josh have been known. Almost as long as you and JJ." Vik attempted to convince him it didn't get under his skin. Truly, Simon's affairs were his own business that Vik paid little attention to. It's seeing Simon be more intimate than a kiss or lap-sitting with someone that wasn't Vik, that made him turn sour.

"Now, I don't kiss and tell. But I'll let you in on a little secret. You are the only person I sleep with that I'll come see just to talk to sometimes." His tone was as soft as his eyes' gaze.

"How are classes treating you?" He ignored the sentiment. Vik didn't want to catch feelings for someone that could never be tied down. His relationship with Simon is purely for personal satisfaction.

"Better than last semester." Simon took the hint. "How did your project go? You told me you spent all night getting that done."

"I think I did better than I feel. I won't have the grade for a few days." Vik shrugged.

"By the way, I like that meme you sent me this morning." he mentioned.

"Thought you might." Vik glanced over briefly enough to see Simon sitting with his chin in his hand, looking back longingly with a fixed stare.

"How can you watch something like that and still say TikTok is overrated?"

"Because it is."

"Nuh-uh, you're very wrong. It's still underrated. When will you boomer-zoomers get over the death of Vine?" Simon dramatically sighed.

"Oh is that where you think my TikTok hatred stems from?" Vik continued typing without looking in order to maintain eye contact during the conversation.

"Am I wrong?" Simon asked. Vik paused his typing knowing Simon hit the nail on the head. "Ha! I knew it."

Simon rose from the chair and sauntered over behind Vik. The working man remained engulfed in the eternally full calendar displayed on his screen. A mischievous grin tugged at the corner of Simon's mouth. Planning out his strategy of seduction made him feel like a predator in the wild stalking his prey before pouncing. Ever so lightly, Simon began to play with Vik's raven black hair. Vik didn't respond in any manner to the first advancement.