6) Fight me

Like some sort of highly edited aesthetic picture off of Tumblr, the sunset painted the skyline a creamsicle orange. The light cast itself across the tops of the buildings on campus. Just across the street from the school's property, Josh sat in his apartment living room. His place was only a few floors down from the top. He could see everything through the large, clear windows. All of the furniture was cast with the same creamsicle hue as the sun shone through.

Josh watched his shadow on the wall across from him take an extended tasting of the mixed vodka drink he was holding. It was one of those rare Fridays where he was drinking alone for the night. The "on a Friday night" part being what made it rare. The rest of the statement was typical. He played with a few pieces of hair with the arm resting on the back of the couch. Thoughts of which classes he could skip and which he was going to have to drink through next week bobbled around in his mind.

In a pathetic attempt to convince himself he wasn't a sad case, Josh did a single wave to his shadow counterpart. Then a ding from his phone saved his night.

> New Message; Ethan now

> dude im starving. Do u wanna get some food?

>> sure

>> where were u thinking

> Hiway's pizza??

>> probably busy for 7 on a Friday but we can try

> cool! Meet u in 15!!

Josh gulped down the remainder of his drink and left the glass in the sink. In his bedroom, the man checked himself out in the full body mirror. Considering the occasion, he decided to keep the jeans on and wear a bomber jacket over his shirt. Something more casual if they're just eating pizza. Add a spritz of cologne and he was off.

As predicted, there was a ten minute wait for a seat. The two young adults loitered outside in the mean time. Luckily, there was a bench on the sidewalk facing the entrance. They people-watched as they sat there.

"Hey. Do you know how many library service days you have left?" Ethan wondered.

"Uhh, I think two." Josh was going to have to double check that.

"Lucky bastard." Ethan grumbled, crossing his arms. "Vik told me I have four more!"

"Oof. Have fun by yourself." he snorted. Then he came to the sudden realization of what that meant. There would no longer be any circumstance forcing him and Ethan to be together. Their friendship blossomed within the walls of the library. A shared distain for Vik and dusty books neither could believe people actually read was what brought them together. Will their friendship last without that glue of service days?

A few minutes into their wait, and more people, also waiting, began to accumulate around them. One person got a little too close to Ethan and accidentally stepped on his shoe a bit.

"Hey! Watch it man." he snapped. The stranger was caught so off guard by the aggressiveness they didn't want to say sorry out of fear for being yelled at again.

"Yo, chill." Josh put a hand on Ethan's shoulders, pulling him back from the edge of the bench. In a glance downward, Josh noticed the bruising on Ethan's fists had started to fade.

Exactly ten minutes was all it took for a lovely seat right outside to open up. Once they were seated, they immediately ordered their drinks to go with some mozzarella sticks to start off and for their pepperoni and sausage pizza later.

"Why did get a soda?" Josh questioned.

"Because I'm already eating a carb-filled, greasy pizza. I don't need to add a beer on top of that. I'm trying to keep the belly down." he motioned with his hands.