The Second Date

***Jess' POV***
"Yes, I will"
***the next day***
It's my birthday!! My 18th birthday!! I really wanna go out and get drunk and do some crazy shit but I have my date with Jake later...I can't wait! I can't wait to see what he has planned, hopefully more talking, I'd like that. I could listen to him talking for hours on end and I would never get bored of his voice. Anyway, since we decided not to go out and get drunk we decided to go out for a meal instead. We went to a nice restaurant with my friends. I sat in between Jake and my friend Charlotte and Charlotte was sat next to her new boyfriend, Killian. My other friend Annie came as well, she's always been a massive fan of Rixton, Charley is her favourite. She sat diagonally across the table from him. Half way through the meal I saw Charley staring at her, he wasn't really concentrating on what he was doing and he spilt his drink down himself, he went bright red but smiled when Annie giggled at him. After he cleaned himself up we carried on eating and during the whole time Annie and Charley were giving each other flirty looks, it was kinda cute! I was having a great time chatting until Jake nudged me. He smiled and whispered in my ear, "Time to go" I smiled back at him as we stood up.
***Jake's POV***
I couldnt wait any longer, I whispered in her ear "Time to go" She smiled at me as we stood up. "Where are you two off to?" Lewi questioned us. "On a date." I said proudly and held her hand. "ooh" Lewi smirked and winked at me and Danny mouthed the words 'good luck' to me and with that, we left. We went to the cinema and watched Big Hero 6. Even though we'd just had dinner I still got a large popcorn, we got bored half way through the film so Jess started throwing bits of popcorn into my mouth and we were laughing a little louder than we thought so we got kicked out...but it was fine because then we walked to the park.
***Jess' POV***
We got kicked out of the cinema which was hilarious, there was popcorn everywhere because Jake kept moving as I tried to throw it in his mouth. After we got kicked out we walked to the park. We sat on the swings and held hands and were swinging in sync, talking.
"I'm sorry you had to come on a stupid date with me instead of getting smashed on your 18th birthday" he smiled apologetically to me.
"It's fine! And it hasn't been a stupid date, I've had fun!" I smiled and his eyes lightened up.
"But you've got to admit it, going out and getting pissed would've been a lot better" he laughed.
"Hmm...maybe..." I giggled with him. "Wonder where he's off to in a hurry" I pointed at Lewi's car that speeded past.
"Oh, he's got a lady friend and was meant to be meeting her at 7"
"But it's 7 now..."
"Exactly." he laughed.
"He was going quite fast..."
"He'll be fine! He's a great driver and she doesn't live that far away!!"
"Mm...I guess..." I forgot about it as we continued talking for hours. After a while, it seemed we had nothing left to talk about as we were just swinging in silence, but it wasn't an awkward silence, it was a nice silence. A silence that showed that we didn't have to be talking or doing anything in particular to have a good time, a silence that showed that just being together made us both happy. Jake soon broke the silence by clearing his throat and beginning to talk, "So...Jess...I was wondering and um...are we offi-" he was interrupted by his phone ringing, he huffed and got up "won't be a minute" he walked off and answered the phone. 5 minutes later, he walked back towards me with an expressionless face and quietly said, "Lewi was involved in a car accident..."

💙💚💛💜 Authors Note 💙💚💛💜
DUN DUN DUN!!! Hahahaha so yeh, sorry that it's been a while since I've updated but I've been busy, I'm trying!! And sorry it's kind of a short chapter...but yeh, don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like it! Thanks! Ily! 💕