Partners in Crime

Lorelai was sat in the control room, reading a physics book she had found in the library, when she spotted a flashing light on the TARDIS consol. She got up and flipped a couple switches before looking down at the hole in the floor. "Daddy? Mom's scanners picked up something odd."

The Doctor popped up from under the floor grates and looked up at her. "She did?" He hopped up and looked at the consol. "She found alien technology on Earth. A building called... 'Adipose Industries'.

Lorelai's eyes lit up. "Time for a trip?"

He grinned at her. "Time for a trip!"

~~~

The two stood outside the large building. It looked perfectly normal on the outside but they knew something was going on inside it. "So," Doctor turned to his daughter, who was dress in black pants and a black hoodie and holding a makeshift tablet that he made for her. "Think you can memorize the layout?"

"Of course! I'm small enough to fit through the vents and with this new toy," She beamed and held up the tablet. "I can actually hack into the security cameras!"

"That's my girl! Allons-y!" The two split up. Lorelai flipped her hood up and disappeared around the side of the building while the Doctor went around the other side to the rear fire escape door that led to the basement, using his sonic to get the door open.

"John Smith, health and Safety." He said to a security guard as he walked by and flashed his psychic paper. He went up into the building, and earpiece on to listen to Lorelai's directions.

"Take a right here. It will lead you to the projection room." Lorelai told him.

He took the door on his right that led to the projection room and walked up to the small window to watch the presentation without drawing to much attention.

It wasn't long before a woman with blonde hair, square glasses and a black suit began the presentation. "Adipose Industries," she spoke to the people in the lecture hall. "The 21st century way to lose weight. No exercise, no diet, no pain. Just lifelong freedom from fat. The Holy Grail of the modern age. And here it is." She held up a small red and white pill. "You just take one capsule. One capsule, once a day for three weeks, and the fat, as they say..."

Behind her, the projection screen started playing. "The fat just walks away." Said the video.

A lady in the audience rose her hand. "Excuse me, Miss Foster? If I could? I'm Penny Carter, science correspondent for 'The Observer'. There are a thousand diet pills on the market, a thousand con men stealing people's money. How do we know the fat isn't going straight into your bank account?"

"Oh, Penny, if cynicism burnt up calories, we'd all be as thin as rakes." Foster gave a dry laugh. "But if you want the science, I can oblige."

"Adipose Industries," the video started again. "The Adipose capsule is composed of a synthesised mobilising lipase, bound to a large protein molecule. The mobilising lipase breaks up the triglycerides stored in the adipose cells, which then enter-"

The projectionist came into the room so the Doctor flash his psychic paper again. "Health and safety. Film department." He then looked back out the window.

"One hundred percent legal, one hundred percent effective." Miss Foster finished when the video ended.

"But, can I just ask, how many people have taken the pills to date?" Penny questioned.

Miss Foster took off her glasses. "We've already got one million customers within the Greater London area alone," She said. "But from next week, we start rolling out nationwide. The future starts here. And Britain will be thin."