Planet of the Ood (Part 1)

The TARDIS rocked back and forth, causing the people inside to stumble and try to hang on. Lorelai breaking out and uncontrollable laughter as she held onto the seat next to the consol.

The Doctor smiled at her as he stumbled back into the seat next to her before being thrown back towards the controls. He flipped a lever and the everything still.

"Set the controls to random." He exclaimed with a grin. "Mystery tour! Outside that door could be any planet, anywhere, anywhen in the whole wide- Are you all right?" He cut himself off when he saw the look on Donna's face.

"Terrified." She said honestly with a nervous smile. "I mean, history's one thing but an alien planet?"

"We could always take you home." Lorelai spoke up.

Donna gave her a look and pointed at her. "Yeah, don't laugh at me."

"I know what it's like." The Doctor said as he stuck his hands in his pockets and walked up to her. "We both do, me and Lai. Everything you're feeling right now. The fear, the joy, the wonder? We get that."

"Seriously?" Donna said in amazement. "After all this time?"

"Of course!" Lorelai clung to her dad's arm. "Why do you think we keep going?

"Oh! All right then, you and me both. This is barmy!" She shook her head and walked towards the doors. "I was born in Chiswick." She rambled in excitement. "I've only ever had package holidays. Now I'm here. This is so... I mean it's... I don't know, it's all sort of... I don't even know what the word is!" She opened the door and stepped out only to immediately stop when she got outside. They had apparently landed on a planet covered in snow.

"Snow!" The Doctor yelled out as he stepped outside. "Real snow! Proper snow at last. That's more like it! Lovely!"

Lorelai froze in the doorway when she saw the white planet and felt the chilling wind . The small girl immediately shut the door and walked back into the TARDIS.

The Doctor stood next to Donna. "What do you think?"

Donna was starting to shiver. "Bit cold."

"Look at that view!" The Doctor gestured to the the snow covered mountains and ravine that was a natural stone bridge across it and large icicles hanging down.

"Yup," Donna nodded. "A beautiful... cold view."

"Millions of planets, millions of galaxies, and we're on this one. Molto bene!" He said as Lorelai slowly came out of the TARDIS with a coat on. "Bellissimo, says Donna, born in Chiswick." He started walking a bit forward and Lorelai jogged forward to hold his hand. "All you've got is a life of work and sleep, and telly and rent and tax and takeaway dinners, all birthdays and Christmases and two weeks holiday a year, and then you end up here. Donna Noble, citizen of the Earth, standing on a different planet! How about that Donna?" He turned around around only to find Donna missing. "Donna?"

"Wow." Lorelai muttered as she looked around. "This is a new record, Daddy!"

The Doctor looked down at her and noticed that she was trying to cling to him as much as possible. "Hey." He spoke softly and knelt down to look at her face. "Are you alright, Love?"

The small girl nervously bit her lip and stared at the ground. "I never liked snow." She admitted. "Winter in general was always bad news to me. If I wasn't careful, I could freeze to death in my sleep. But snow was dangerous. I'm lucky I didn't lose and fingers or toes in that stuff." She stepped forward and hugged him. "It was nearly winter when I met you." She nearly whispered. "If Mom didn't let me in... I wouldn't have survived that night."