Chapter 1

Lucy's POV
"No one wants you Lucy that's why you real parents left you outside of a fire station" Jordan tells me. She's the meanest girl in the orphanage. "Stop it Jordan if you were I safe haven baby you wouldn't wanna be teased" Maddy says. "Well at least my parents actually wanted me unlike both of your parents."
"Come on Maddy lets just go tell Miss Olivia she's not gonna stop" I grab Maddy's arm and lead her down the stairs.
"Why don't you ever stick up for yourself" she asks me.
"Because she's right my parents didn't want me"
"Of course they did they just wanted to give you your best chance"
"You just got that off the show the older girls watch"
"Maybe I did but it's the truth" she says as we walk into Miss Olivia's office
"Hello girls what do you need"
"Jordan's at it agin" Maddy's says
"Well I will have a talk with her after our guest leaves"
"Is someone coming to adopt" Maddy says hopefully as the door bell rings
"Yes and there she is now come on girls" Miss Olivia said. We walked to the front of the house where all the other girls were waiting. Miss Olivia opens the door and the women stepped in side and the older girls started whispering. "Girls this is Ms.Morrison, now you are free to go about you business while I show her around." Me and Maddy went up to our room to play Barbie's.
After we played for a few minutes we got bored. Maddy went to go fine the other girls, but I stayed in my room. I stared to read a book when I heard the door open."hello there" ms.Morrison said.
"Hi"
"I'm Jennifer but you can call me Jen what's your name"
"I'm Lucy"
"Well Lucy I noticed when I came in you looked sad"
"One of the older girls was making fun of me because I was a safe haven baby"
"I'm sorry to hear that but your parents just wanted to give you the best life possible"
"You sound like the woman on tv"
"What woman"
"The lady on once upon a time"
"Well I should be going I will see you later Lucy goodbye"
"Goodbye Jen"

Jen's POV
After talking to Lucy I knew I wanted her."Hello ms.morrison have you made a decision"miss.Olivia asked
"Yes I have I wanna adopt Lucy"
"Great I'll get the paper work"she soon has all the paper work together."just sign here ms.Morrison and Lucy will officially be Lucy Morrison"I sign where she tells me to."I will tell Lucy to get her things"she says.
Lucy's POV
After Jen leaves I go back to reading my book and when I finish Maddy comes back in. "Hi Lucy wanna play Barbie's agin". "Sure". we sit down on the floor and play until miss Olivia comes in."Lucy please get your things packed you've been adopted"."yay Lucy"Maddy yells. I hurry up and get all of my things packed and head down stairs with Maddy to tell miss Olivia and the other girls bye. "Goodbye everyone I'll miss you" I give Maddy and miss Olivia one last hug and leave with Jen
___________________________
Colifer in the next chapter I promise! Thank you sydsorbet for naming the book!