Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Congrats, guys! Highest ang group natin!"

My groupmates chereed the victory of our group the moment our subject instructor left. Tuwang-tuwa kahit na expected naman na. As I've mentioned, we spent huge amount of our time practicing our skit. The flow was smooth and the delivery of lines were beyond bodacious. I may sound biased but it's true!

Nawala ang pagkakasandal ko sa inuupuan nang may tumulak ng likod ko.

"What the–"

"Lods! Libre naman d'yan! Best Narrator!"

Sinegundohan naman iyon ng iba kong mga kagrupo.

I almost rolled my eyes as they carolled my name. I got ten additional points as I was awarded as the Best Narrator in the section. Of course, I'm happy. Partida late pa 'ko. But it's really no big deal.

Kumuha ako ng pera sa wallet at inabot ang 200 pesos sa nanulak sa'kin. Gusto ko pa ngang bawiin nang maalala ang panunulak nito ngunit kasing bilis ng kidlat, lumabas na ang mga ito at taimtim na pinag-usapan kung paano paghahati-hatian ang pera.

"What's our next subject?" I asked Kelly who's perching next to me.

She inclined a bit and kept her mouth shut in lieu of answering me. I licked my lips and had decided not to strike up a conversation with her for I realized that she's in a bad mood.

Her group got the lowest score. Iyong main actor nila, nakakalimot ng linya at saka lang naalala nang magdaan ang isang minuto. It appallingly affected their overall performance, including her performance as their group's narrator.

"Ano nga pala next sub?" Tanya directed the query to Kelly.

Pipigilan ko na sana ito at papatigilin dahil wala sa mood ang kaibigan at baka tarayan lang siya ngunit laking gulat ko nang hinarap siya ni Kelly at sinagot.

"GenMath." She leaned her head to Tanya's shoulder and began ranting about the score they got in our performance in OCC.

I dropped my gaze to the tiles and bit my tongue. Dali-daling naghimagsik ang kalungkutan sa loob ko.

Is she upset with the fact that my group obtained the highest score while hers got the lowest? Does she hate the fact that I got the award that she was supposed to receive only if her groupmate did not mess up?

None of it is my fault, right?

"Uy, may meeting daw mga teachers?" I glanced at my classmates who are devouring the banana fritters they probably bought in the canteen.

"True ba 'yan? Baka bogus na naman!"

"Ewan ko lang! Narinig ko lang president ng STEM-C na inannounce sa section nila!"

Nagsimulang umugong ang classroom sa hiyawan ng mga kaklase, all assuming that our GenMath class is actually cancelled.

I pouted my lips, extinguishing a smirk. That's good, I must say. I'm not in the spirit to endure a 2-hour General Mathematics class. In case I haven't mentioned yet, I hate Math.

In the midst of my internal celebration, everyone went silent. Nalingat ako nang malutong na nagmura ang nasa likod ko.

"Tangina. May student assistant nga pala."

In sheer terror, I resettled my eyes to the entrance of the room where everyone is staring at and saw... Dan!

"Maging mapagpasalamat na lang tayo at si Sir Dan ang SA. May klase pero at least makikita mukha niya. Ituring na natin 'tong suwerte. Aangal pa ba tayo, e, hinatiran na tayo ng langit ng basbas na gan'yan kaguwapo?" rinig kong sabi ng kung sinong tanga sa may likuran.