Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Luck being neighborly to all, the sky this morning is overclouded. Just enough to steal the dominance from the sun, but not to the point that it can be comparable with typhoon. 

"Patumbahin mo lahat ng kalaban, ah?" Kuya Guin wishing me a good luck. Really one of a kind.

My insides quaked as our car entered the school. Para akong nasusuka. 

Today is the most awaited moment of the students. Foundation week. Well, I am also a student but my previous statement applies to everyone else except me.

Honestly, I have thought last night about ditching the pageant. But in order to implement that, I would need my transfer request letter written and ready to be submitted. E, hindi naman p'wede iyon.

My father would send me back to Australia once he discovers and never let me set a foot in here again.

"What do you mean patumbahin ko sila? Parang ako nga ang matutumba, e."

He laughed at my face which surely radiates constipation. "'Wag ka kasing kabahan."

I released a vast sigh.

"Easier said than done."

Unlike normal school days, we went straight to the field where the parade will commence. The half of its breadth was already occupied by the horde that is sectioned by different colors, which one represents a team. 

Dumiretso kami sa pulutong na binubuo ng mga estudyanteng nakasuot ng pink na jersey. 

"Tangina n'yong lahat! Ang ganda-ganda ng pambato namin!" someone from my team shouted as my presence became perceivable. Nanlaki ang mga mata ko dahil una, naagaw ang atensyon ng lahat. At pangalawa, si Gabriel pala iyon! "Umuwi na kayo, may panalo na!"

Mesmerized, my mouth fell open as I fixed my eyes upon the tarpaulins and banners that wish me good lucks. With additional pictures of mine! Winawagayway nila iyon na animo'y watawat ng pinakamamahal.

"Guys..." the only word that I could emit at that moment. 

Oo, totoong ayoko sumali sa pageant. I didn't know how to ramp and I didn't feel like I can represent such a significant team. Pageants have always been a big thing in school events like this, so it is really a huge task to be a participant. 

But receiving this kind of love and support, I feel thankful to myself for not refusing to join. These people showed it first when the our pictures were uploaded in the internet and they shared and mentioned the people they know to react to it.

There is a 15% in the criteria for people's choice. I got the most reacts, thus I have already perfected that portion. 

I mean... we. Me and my partner. 

Speaking of my partner...

"Where is Dan?" I asked Meija who was cupping my curls. 

"Naku, ewan ko ro'n! Sabi'y hindi sisipot!" Bangs ko naman ngayon ang inaayos niya.

I flinched in disbelief. "What?! Are you serious?!" 

When her lips locked into a grin, I knew I was being played. I rolled my eyes. 

Sakto iyong lumapag sa katabing team. My lips parted when I caught Kiko staring at me. Malapad ko siyang nginitian at kinawayan, na siyang sinuklian niya naman. 

He's wearing an all-green jersey, white rubber shoes, and a green thin sweatband that cleanly thrusts his front hair upwards. The latter two have prints of a check that made him look more expensive. So manly. So pogi.