Chapter 28

"You look beautiful."

Reyhan smiles into the mirror she's looking in when Emir comes up behind her. He slips his hands around her waist to gently caress her bump. She seemed to have popped out overnight. There's no hiding it anymore.

"You will definitely be the star of this party," he tells her, dropping a kiss on her cheek. "But promise me you won't get too tired. You've been running around almost non stop for the past three weeks to plan this. I don't want you to wear yourself out."

She gives him another smile, but can completely understand his worry. Because he's right. She has been really busy the past few weeks. From the moment her mother mentioned the party that day Defne and the baby visited, exactly 20 days ago, they've been working on getting things set up for it. This is a pretty big deal and Reyhan doesn't want to mess it up. She's worked extra hard to make sure she's prepared. That she at least won't be an embarrassment to her mother. Cavidan always called her an embarrassment to the Tarhun name. In her head she knows it wasn't true. But she heard it so much that it's hard to let go of those insecurities.

"All eyes will be on me," she admits nervously, unable to hide her fears from him. "What if I do something wrong?"

"Just be yourself, Sweetheart. Be the wonderful, kind, caring person I love so much. Trust yourself as much as I trust you."

She blushes at his words before turning around to fall into his arms. She lets out a content sigh when his warmth wraps around her. He makes everything so much better.

"I love you," she whispers to him, continuing to enjoy his embrace. But she knows she can't stay there forever. Guests will be arriving soon.

"You go," he says gently, giving her a little push towards the door. "I'll be here the whole time if you need another boost."

"Oh really?" she giggles. "Just leave the party to come cuddle with my husband whenever I want?"

"Why not?" He gives a playful shrug before lowering into a bow. "I'm here at your service, my queen."

She just shakes her head at his silliness. But inside, she melts a little at how much he cares about her. She knows he'll be here for her, but he also trusts that she won't need him. He believes in her. She just needs to believe in herself. This party will be a piece of cake.

Besides, Cavidan won't be there. Her mother made sure Cavidan's name was not on the guest list. That's one less thing for Reyhan to worry about. Taking all that into account, how bad could this party be? Without Cavidan there, she has nothing to fear. So why does Reyhan suddenly feel as if she's cursed herself by even asking the question?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's been a quiet few weeks for Cavidan. Suna is still away. Her doctor called and said that Suna actually wanted to stay and Cavidan had been relieved. She doesn't need to deal with the disapproving glares she knows Suna would throw her way. The girl doesn't understand the danger in having someone like Reyhan infiltrate a family like theirs. So it's for the best that Suna stays away. At least until Cavidan can get rid of Reyhan for good.

And speaking of Reyhan, Cavidan has also had a peaceful respite from her as well. With Hikmet gone to his clinic, Reyhan has thankfully been absent from Cavidan's life. Every time Emir has come over to put out whatever little fire Cavidan started, he's been alone. Cavidan doesn't like that she had to resort to cheap tactics to get her own son to come see her, but it worked. All she had to do was remind him that she was all alone in that big house and he had a responsibility to her. True, he never stayed long. But he at least always showed up. She makes a mental note to plan for more "problems" in the upcoming days. The more she can get Emir away from Reyhan, the easier it will be to send Reyhan away.