Chapter 11

He lets her sleep for a few minutes, enjoying the feeling of her being cuddled against his side. But he knows she'll be better off in her own bed. He tries to gently shake her awake, but she only burrows deeper into him. He smiles. He can get used to a cuddly Reyhan.

When she doesn't wake, he gathers her up into his arms and carries her back to her room. He takes his time, not wanting to wake her. But also because he loves having her in his arms. It seems like the more he touches her, the more his heart is filled with her. And the more her scent seeps into his soul. She's becoming a part of him.

Her eyes begin to blink sleepily when they get to the room and he lays her on the bed.

"Emir? What are you doing?" she asks him, looking around to see where she is. "How did we get back here?"

"You fell asleep on me, sleepy head," he says with a smile. "So I carried you up here so you could get some real rest."

"You carried me? Through the hospital? Emir!" She's blushing again and Emir officially adds making her blush as one of his favorite things to do. He just loves getting such a reaction out of her.

"You're so adorable when you get embarrassed." He leans over and presses a kiss to her nose, surprising her.

But she quickly gets over the surprise and scowls at him.

"Something tells me I'm going to have to work to make sure you behave in the future."

"Behave? What's the fun in behaving?" he asks, leaning in for another kiss. This time, his aim is the treasure of her mouth. Her eyes widen a bit. In panic? In excitement? He doesn't know.

And he never finds out.

"Emir bey? Oh! Excuse me," a voice calls from the door.

Emir just closes his eyes and sighs at the interruption.

"I'm really sorry," the nurse who interrupted them apologizes.

"It's fine," Reyhan says with a smile, both relieved and disappointed to miss that kiss. This is all still so new to her. She's struggling to keep up with the changes in their relationship. She lifts her hand up to her lips and just thinks about how close he had been. Her heart is still racing.

"What do you need?" Emir asks the nurse.

"Ayla seems a little down," the nurse says. "You asked us to let you know how she was doing. And she's fine. But ..."

"Say no more," Reyhan says before turning to Emir. "You have to go to her. We can't leave her alone. I'll be fine. I'm probably just going to go back to sleep anyway. I'll get some rest and then later, we can all eat together."

"Are you sure?" he asks. "I don't want to leave you."

She reaches out to place her hand over his heart.

"Didn't you say I was here?" she reminds him, smiling when he nods. "Then you won't be leaving me because I'll be with you. But she needs you. She's just a baby. She shouldn't be in a place like this all by herself. We have to put her first."

"Okay," Emir finally agrees. He looks up at the nurse. "Tell Ayla I'm coming. I'll be there shortly."

The nurse nods and leaves, leaving Emir and Reyhan alone.

"Go to her," Reyhan orders.

"I am. I just wanted to stay until you fell asleep again. You," he says, taking her hand, "are my priority too. By the way, this whole maternal instinct thing you've got going on is pretty sexy."

"Emir!" She just shakes her head at him.

"Tamam, tamam. I'll behave," he says with a laugh. He stands and places a kiss on her hand before letting it go. "You behave, too. Get some sleep."