The Whole Truth

After Merlin composed himself, they rode straight back to Camelot, to speak with Gaius, and have a meeting.

"Gaius!" A shout livened the elderly physician, as the returning King barged in with his Manservant on his tail. "We need you to check on Merlin, make sure he is okay. Send him back for a meeting in the Throne Room, if he's okay. Send a messenger if he's not."

"Yes, Sire." Was Gaius' only response as he quickly set to work, while Arthur and the Queen, along with his Knight gathered for a meeting of the Round Table.

~~~

After all those attending the meeting sat down, including Merlin, Arthur called the meeting to order.

"This meeting is about Merlin, since he is at the moment, telling the truth about everything, we are going to ask him questions, and he will answer them, all of them. I'll start, Merlin, do you or do you not practice magic?"

"I do." Was the manservant's quiet response, after that it was utter chaos everyone wanting to ask question after question.

"Quiet!" Gwaine yelled, standing up, grabbing everyone's attention, "One question at a time, everyone will get a turn. Princess..."

Gwaine sat down as Arthur sighed," Since I already asked a question we will continue asking questions in an ordered fashion around the table, Lance is next." All eyes turn to Lancelot, who in turn look towards Merlin.

"How are you feeling?" He asked concern lacing his words.

"I've been better, but I've also been worse." Came the honest answer. Seeing that was all he was going to say, all eyes turned to Percival to take his turn.

"Do you know any druid prophecies about someone named Emrys?" At this a small smile broke on Merlin's downcast face.

"Yes, anything specific you want to know?" The Warlock replied, curiosity getting the better of him.

"Yes? I guess. If the druids are right and Arthur is the Once and Future King, who's Emrys? And why is he not helping with Morgana?" He asked quietly, not usually one for so many words. Before Merlin could answer; however, the doors to the Throne Room were thrown open, and the Witch herself entered.

"Not helping?!" She started with a cackle as she worked closer to the table, "Not helping?! If not him then who keeps foiling my plans? It's all coming together now. It didn't make sense at first, why was it always Merlin there to meddle with my plans, why was he so loyal to Arthur, why, no matter how many times I tried to kill him, he just kept coming back? If what you say is true then clearly, it is Merlin who is Emrys." Morgana finished with a huff and a shudder, sitting down on an empty chair next to Merlin, as silence took over the room.

"One question, since you have to answer truthfully, why did you poison me?" Morgana asked softly to not gain everyone's attention, but did anyone, falling even quieter as to hear Merlin's answer to such an accusation.

"I-" the Warlock started "I didn't want to trust me, but Kilgarrah, the Great Dragon, told me it was the only way to stop the enchantment Morgause used to make everyone fall asleep. As the curse, she used, required a living vessel to maintain potency." With a sigh he looked down at his feet, before looking towards Mordred.

'I am sorry, I shouldn't have been so hesitant to be friends, but as my duty is to Arthur, when Kilgarrah told me the prophecy, I didn't think it through. Could you ever forgive me for what I've done?'

'Of course, it is forgiven.' Mordred smiled at Merlin, from across the table, as Morgana started speaking again.

"Why didn't you tell me, I was a vessel for an enchantment, and that it was to save Camelot?" She raised her eyebrows, looking towards Merlin.

"I thought you knew. I thought that you were part of Morgause's plan all along. Now I see you weren't, and I could've, — should've helped you properly use your magic for good, like I was taught." Merlin said remorsefully.

"Why didn't you, then?"

"I was afraid of Uther finding out, then you would have been punished, and me, and Gaius for harboring a warlock. And there was also the matter of the prophecies, I thought it was to protect Arthur, Camelot, and the future Arthur would bring."

"Albion." Morgana breathed, a slight smile gracing her face as she leaned over and hugged the Warlock, before righting herself sitting like the proper lady she once was. "Please forgive me the terror I caused, I never wanted to hurt anyone, but Uther made me so angry. I lashed out, without thought towards those I did care about, and Morgause fed my rage, with lies about all of you."

'Of course, I forgive you.' Merlin grasped her hand under the table and gave it a squeeze.

'Thank you.' She answered, giving a light squeeze back.

The others around the table, looked on trying to wrap their heads around what had just happened.

Arthur finally shook himself out of his stupor, and looked towards the two magic users, different as night and day. His father had always told him all sorcerers were the same, that they were evil and corrupt and didn't deserve mercy, but there was nothing evil in Merlin. And what about those born with magic, those without a choice should they be condemned for the acts of others, he shuddered at the thought of those who did by both his own hands and his knights'. Not anymore, no, he would change that, maybe this was just what Camelot needed to be great once more.

~~~

Soon after that meeting, that Merlin and Morgana were added to the Round Table, and Arthur lifted the ban on magic. Mordred started training some of Camelot's Knights in the art of magic, and Morgana was made court sorceress, while Merlin remained Arthur's trusted servant, most loyal friend, and secret advisor. With this a new era had begun, as the time of Albion had come.

{A/N: I am sorry this isn't better, since you waited so long, but I didn't really know where to go with it. Please comment, Criticism is appreciated!}